What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to measure sodium nitrite content in dry brine mix?

Started by , Apr 01 2022 01:10 AM
1 Reply

Does anyone know how to measure sodium nitrite content in dry brine mix by titration?

From my previous work, our method is titration with 0.1 M sodium thiosulfate while heating. I am not sure of their reference for this.

I saw AOAC Method 964.13 Nitrites in Curing Preparation but it uses CO2 tank.

Is there any alternative for the CO2 tank? Will heating suffice?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to calculate the juice content from formula? Water Concentration recommended for a cooling bath using Sodium hypochlorite 12.5% Control measure and control points How to control salt water brine as an ingredient? Sodium Metabisulphite: Food additive or processing aid in potato production?
[Ad]

Is there any alternative for the use of CO2 tank like boiling the solution?

Similar Discussion Topics
How to calculate the juice content from formula? Water Concentration recommended for a cooling bath using Sodium hypochlorite 12.5% Control measure and control points How to control salt water brine as an ingredient? Sodium Metabisulphite: Food additive or processing aid in potato production? Error every time I click on the view new content tab Control measure is categorization to PRP? Supplier reducing sodium in product - still have old packaging film on hand Sodium Hydroxide Lead Time in the UK Recall Team Training content