What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Band Saw Cleaning

Started by , Apr 22 2022 09:28 AM
6 Replies

Hey all,

I am working import shipping containers for USDA inspection and I am often cutting meat with a band saw and then thawing it for their review.  Right now I have an employee cleaning the band saw each day with cleaning solution and sanitizer to ensure that it is all set for the next day of operations.  Is there a better way to do this that anyone is finding?  It is incredibly time consuming and I fear that If I have several "cutting" inspections during a day that the clean up and prep of the machine will become a choke-point.  Let me know your thoughts and thanks.

Cheers!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is there such a thing as a GMP approved Band-Aid dispensers? Does anyone have recommended brands for metal detectable bandages/band-aids that have good adhesion? NC for Food Safe Gloves with a knitted band around the wrist Clause 6.2.6 - Is numbering of Band-Aids required? Control of Dressings and Plasters (band aids)
[Ad]

It would seem to me that another saw would be easier to clean than a band saw.   How about a jig saw, sawzall, or even a portaband.  It depends what you're cutting I guess?  What size of meat I mean...

60 pound blocks of frozen beef trimmings.

I've no experience in the meat business, but I would guess that to be a large piece of frozen meat.  I guess it would also depend if they're happy with a piece cut from the end, or do they need a specimen from the middle, etc?    To me as a person with a long history of using tools of all kinds, a sawzall seems the easiest answer, but it is difficult to say without seeing the general size and shape of the meat.   But if a band saw will do it, I'd imagine a sawzall would do as well?

i hear ya.  Has to be a band saw.  they want specific cuts of meat in a designated pattern across multiple cases for a proper sampling.

Unfortunately i think you're only other option to speed things along, is to remove the saw blade, clean the machine, and then replace with an already clean blade that is sprayed with sanitizer and left to dry---then you can clean the removed one off line ready to be reinstalled

1 Like

I had not considered that.  Not a bad idea.  Thanks!

Similar Discussion Topics
Is there such a thing as a GMP approved Band-Aid dispensers? Does anyone have recommended brands for metal detectable bandages/band-aids that have good adhesion? NC for Food Safe Gloves with a knitted band around the wrist Clause 6.2.6 - Is numbering of Band-Aids required? Control of Dressings and Plasters (band aids)