What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Weed and Vegetation Control Requirements

Started by , May 02 2022 08:06 PM
3 Replies

We have an outside tank area where we store grape juice and there is currently no landscaping, weed control or vegetation control. Is there specific SQF requirements for Weed and Vegetation control? For example, how far from the tanks do we need to remove weeds? Is there a requirement for how far bushes can be from the tanks? I need to give our landscaping instructions so they can give us a quote for service and want to make sure I understand requirements. 

Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Can you use weed killer around the perimeter of a food packaging plant Is Roundup acceptable to use for exterior weed control? Regulations or restrictions on use of chemicals / weed killers?
[Ad]

For reference, here is a picture of the outside of our facility. We have 6-8' of separation to the tanks and will be installing a fence around the entire area. 

There is a requirement for maintaining exterior areas which includes grass, etc.

I would check with your PCO for clearence areas to maintain bordering the fenced area so they can place bait stations.

I am assuming you are topping the fenced area as well to ensure no one entering from above.

By the way I love grape juice and loved driving north on the 101 because somewhere around Delano I would smell the grape juice.

You need to have an area that is clear of vegetation large enough for bait stations at the absolute minimum

Standard practice is to keep plantings 3 feet from the parameter of any building/storage area

Similar Discussion Topics
Can you use weed killer around the perimeter of a food packaging plant Is Roundup acceptable to use for exterior weed control? Regulations or restrictions on use of chemicals / weed killers?