Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 August 2022 - 12:55 AM

Can you use weed killer around the outside perimeter of a food packaging plant?  I have weeds growing in cracks in the parking lot and next to the building etc.  There are some salt water and vinegar based ones that are non toxic.

EagleEye

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 111 posts
  • 30 thanks
Good

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 25 August 2022 - 05:53 AM

Hi Packman,

If I suggest...

It would be more appropriate if you could find some way out to fill that cracks permanently so that no need to continue the practice of weed killing presuming the weed will grow there again.

Thanked by 1 Member:

G M

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 527 posts
  • 102 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 August 2022 - 02:49 PM

Can you use weed killer around the outside perimeter of a food packaging plant?  I have weeds growing in cracks in the parking lot and next to the building etc.  There are some salt water and vinegar based ones that are non toxic.

Generally speaking, yes.  If it's done by someone with all the relevant chemical training and application certifications required for the area.  Pest control services sometimes also cover this.

Thanked by 1 Member:

MDaleDDF

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 527 posts
  • 209 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 August 2022 - 03:18 PM

Our lawn guy does ours, and he does have certifications.  However, we don't do it around the perimeter of the building per se, but just in hot spots where needed in the drive up to the building in cracks, etc.   So it's not like an annual thing or something.   Just when there's hot spots.

Thanked by 2 Members:

rupin.kaneriya

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 25 August 2022 - 03:33 PM

Hi, 

Its better to be applied by lawn landscaping company or pest control company. I think store (home depot, Walmart) bought pesticides and herbicides are not allowed to be use in production facility. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users