What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What sort of certifications do I need for BRC?

Started by , May 03 2022 05:05 PM

BRCGS does not have a "practitioner" like SQFI.   Thus, there is no "BRC certification" or even a dedicated "practitioner".   

It would not be a bad idea to redo HACCP.  Although BRCGS does not have an expiration for HACCP certification.   So not really needed. 

Anyone conducting internal audits needs to be "trained" in conducting them.  IMO, its just easier to take a course with a cert than try and prove training.    IFSQN has one that is really inexpensive and quite good.  ≈$100

Any regulatory requirements - for instance in the USA there is a requirement that individuals creating and overseeing things like preventive control plans or FSVP have the training and or knowledge to do so.   So auditors typically ask for those certs.   I'm not sure if Canada has similar requirements.   

1 Reply

Hello everyone,

I was in SQF for couple years and have recently started a job in BRC. Wondering what kind of certifications do I need to hold?

I was HACCP trained in 2017, SQF trained in 2018, do I need to renew HACCP cert or get a BRC training?

Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Farm food safety certifications Certifications for imported equipment and machinery SQF Certified getting ISO 22000 Certifications from Broker Kosher certifications for Co-packer GFSI Certifications and Lead Auditor Training
[Ad]

BRCGS does not have a "practitioner" like SQFI.   Thus, there is no "BRC certification" or even a dedicated "practitioner".   

It would not be a bad idea to redo HACCP.  Although BRCGS does not have an expiration for HACCP certification.   So not really needed. 

Anyone conducting internal audits needs to be "trained" in conducting them.  IMO, its just easier to take a course with a cert than try and prove training.    IFSQN has one that is really inexpensive and quite good.  ≈$100

Any regulatory requirements - for instance in the USA there is a requirement that individuals creating and overseeing things like preventive control plans or FSVP have the training and or knowledge to do so.   So auditors typically ask for those certs.   I'm not sure if Canada has similar requirements.   

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Farm food safety certifications Certifications for imported equipment and machinery SQF Certified getting ISO 22000 Certifications from Broker Kosher certifications for Co-packer GFSI Certifications and Lead Auditor Training Switching GFSI Approved Certifications What steps do I take to become a food safety auditor and what certifications are most recognised around the world to get trained in? Food safety certifications required to sell retail and at wholefoods in Canada and USA Let's talk designations! What food safety training and certifications do you recommend? Can anyone recommend where I can get food safety and science training / certifications