What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Air flow check

Started by , May 04 2022 05:23 PM
Uline
12 Replies

I run out of the little sticks we were using to watch the smoke direction when conducting air flow ; and I have no idea where to find those on market. Anyone has an idea of where to buy them or any other alternate solution to conduct yearly airflow check which is due this week ?

Appreciated.

Jean

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? How can I check good sterilization? HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality' Can anyone check my HACCP plan for Sea Moss Gel? Does the freezer need to be on the flow chart as a preventative control
[Ad]

Hi Jean. Did you try to use matches? I've never been doing this check - so, not sure, just contemplating...

No ; I have not tried matches yet. It sounds like something to explore for sure. What do you use to check air flow then ?

No ; I have not tried matches yet. It sounds like something to explore for sure. What do you use to check air flow then ?

I don't check it:) We're quite small facility with open-concept areas, plus our air making system's functioning perfectly - which I verify by testing air quality on a monthly basis.

Thanks

Uline

Wow; thank you. I never thought about them at all.

Jean

I run out of the little sticks we were using to watch the smoke direction when conducting air flow ; and I have no idea where to find those on market. Anyone has an idea of where to buy them or any other alternate solution to conduct yearly airflow check which is due this week ?

Appreciated.

Jean

Is there a specific BRC context to this query ? eg 4.8.6, 8.2.2 ?

IIRC, for 8.2.2, somewhere BRC mention dropping a piece of tissue paper. Must be the cheapest solution.

I googled "air flow" and "smoke" test kits and came up with a bunch of items. Good luck!

I googled "air flow" and "smoke" test kits and came up with a bunch of items. Good luck!

Hi oig,

Any specific suggestions ?

We used tissues for many years until our boiler chief bought a funky little meter.

Any clues on where to get that "funky little meter" ?

Sorry for the delay our chief was away on vacation.  Anyways we bought the air monitoring unit through BDI Canada.

Similar Discussion Topics
Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? How can I check good sterilization? HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality' Can anyone check my HACCP plan for Sea Moss Gel? Does the freezer need to be on the flow chart as a preventative control HACCP Flow Import and Export HACCP Flow Waste Including Scrap on a HACCP flow diagram? Controlling check in and out of blades Flow Diagram Confirmation at all operation stages