What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Lead and Mercury levels in hand washing sinks vs. water used for consumption

Started by , May 05 2022 07:54 PM
7 Replies

I am reviewing the results we got from an outside lab and our lead and mercury levels are over the limit for drinking water.  Are the levels ok for hand washing?  Also, did I get my specs right for drinking water?  That was the specs I was using for the sink water.  If not, what are the limits for hand washing sinks?(2) Water Results.docx   13.23KB   9 downloads

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FSSC Lead Internal Auditor Requirements Seeking Guidance on Lead Food Auditor Training and Internal Food Auditor Training Sodium Hydroxide Lead Time in the UK Food safety lead auditor training In-Person Lead Auditor training
[Ad]

I am reviewing the results we got from an outside lab and our lead and mercury levels are over the limit for drinking water.  Are the levels ok for hand washing?  Also, did I get my specs right for drinking water?  That was the specs I was using for the sink water.  If not, what are the limits for hand washing sinks? (2) Water Results.docx

Hi Penny,

A little more context might assist.

(a) How many samples and individual results ? I sincerely hope more than one.

(b) Source of sample(s) ?

(c) Sampling procedure ?

(d) Where do the specs come from ?

Offhand the lead specification looks lower than the, I believe, EPA action level of 15 ppb. (0.015 ppm)

Hg spec looks typical.

The reference limits within factory food process water are to drinking water.

Thanks. All sample results were same.  I found out all but EPA standards for Mercury.  Does anyone know in ppm?

Thanks. All sample results were same.  I found out all but EPA standards for Mercury.  Does anyone know in ppm?

EPA-Hg.png   51.16KB   0 downloads

(Google)

= same as yr previous post, 0.002 ppm

ie ppb x 10-3 = ppm = mg/L

What would we do if our water is 0.005ppm for Mercury?  0.003 over?

Test again before you do anything

How old is the building your in?

What would we do if our water is 0.005ppm for Mercury?  0.003 over?

See post 2, a, b, c.

Just as an obvious example query - City water sampled appropriately on various occasions directly from the supply and analysed by an appropriately accredited lab ????

If the answer concurs above, maybe sue ?

The samples were sent to an accredited lab.  I am sending samples to another lab this week.

Similar Discussion Topics
FSSC Lead Internal Auditor Requirements Seeking Guidance on Lead Food Auditor Training and Internal Food Auditor Training Sodium Hydroxide Lead Time in the UK Food safety lead auditor training In-Person Lead Auditor training Preparation for BRC Issue 8 Lead Auditor Exam Could one person lead an entire internal audit? Announcing ESG LEAD - A new software solution for transparent supply chains GFSI Certifications and Lead Auditor Training In-House Lead Testing Kit or Procedure