• Quick Navigation
Photo

Seeking Guidance on Lead Food Auditor Training and Internal Food Auditor Training

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

mictangsm

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 30 August 2023 - 02:06 PM

Good day everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing for esteemed guidance regarding my aspirations to build a successful career as a food auditor, leveraging my existing certifications and training. I greatly value insights in this domain and would appreciate advices on the next steps I should consider.

My goal is to become a proficient food auditor, and I am particularly interested in pursuing Lead Food Auditor Training and Internal Food Auditor Training. I would greatly appreciate any insights if anyone could share and explain in detail about the differences of both training programs.

At present, my certifications encompass "Understanding FSC 22000 v5.1" and "FSPCA Preventive Control for Human Food." Additionally, I have attended internal training sessions focused on HACCP and ISO 22000. While these have provided me with a foundational understanding of the field, I am eager to expand my knowledge and qualifications further.

I am keen to learn on how I can strategically proceed in enhancing my qualifications. Specifically, I am interested in recommendations regarding additional certifications or training that would complement my current credentials. This will not only refine my proficiency but also make me a more effective food auditor.

I would also like to inquire about how I can gather more information about the training opportunities available. If you could direct me to the appropriate contacts or sources where I can learn more about the Lead Food Auditor Training and Internal Food Auditor Training, it would be immensely helpful.

Your guidance would not only be invaluable to me but also greatly appreciated. I am enthusiastic about making a meaningful contribution to the food industry through effective auditing practices, and I believe the advices given will provide me with the right direction and foundation.

Thank you for taking the time to read my message. Your mentorship would undoubtedly make a significant impact on my growth as a food auditor.

Edited by mictangsm, 30 August 2023 - 02:06 PM.

Gelato Quality Lead

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 137 posts
  • 25 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 August 2023 - 03:50 PM

Do you have any work experience?

PQAManager

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 114 posts
  • 27 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 August 2023 - 03:52 PM

Start looking at applications.  They tell you what experience and training you need and audit log to be able to get the position.  Some want a bachelor in food science, 5 years experience, and professional auditor training. Since you have HACCP,  you should come familiar with the SQF code you would add SQF Practitioner to your title.  You don't have to have formal training to be SQF certified you just got to know the free code and be HACCP certified. The more schemes you can audit the easier it will be to get a job.  You will need to set yourself up as an independent contractor to take care of your taxes.  A lot of Auditing companies use independent contractors.  Hope this helps, I'm thinking about this journey myself.  You could start asking companies to let you audit them to get your audit log filled out.  You can audit GMP audits, HACCP audits, FSSC audits, ISO audits, SQF audits...

Thanked by 1 Member:

mictangsm

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 31 August 2023 - 05:12 AM

Thank you for your input. I am currently associated with a small consulting firm in the role of an internal food auditor and I am keen on furthering my knowledge in the domain of audits.

In light of my current position and aspirations, I am considering pursuing additional certifications to augment my skill set. Specifically, I am contemplating between starting with the ISO 22000 Lead Auditor Training and the FSSC Lead Auditor Training, or alternatively, opting for higher-level auditor certifications to expedite my skill growth.

I would greatly appreciate your insights on this matter. Based on your perspective, do you recommend starting with the ISO 22000 and FSSC Lead Auditor Training to build a strong foundation? Or would pursuing higher-level auditor certifications be a more effective route to accelerate my skill development?

bananaOz

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 15 September 2023 - 03:44 AM

I would like to also know, which company provide the best training,
BSI, SGS, PWC, SAI intertek?

Share this