What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Oil clean up procedure for food storage and distribution facility

Started by , May 16 2022 08:14 PM
5 Replies

Hi!

just looking for advise for oil cleanups in warehouse environment. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]
Are you talking about oil that is consumed or oilfrom a fork lift?

Something like this is probably your best choice as your not introducing a new hazard regardless of the oil type/source

https://www.envirogu...-absorbent-pads

For obvious reasons, no kitty litter or saw dust should be used

1 Thank

Are you talking about oil that is consumed or oilfrom a fork lift

Both.

I have used absorbent granules.  We build these into the plan by dispersing and then having a solid cleanup/sanitation plan.  Make sure they are saturated when you put them in the dumpster or else you can run the risk o dumpster fire though.... not that something like that has ever happened to me... ever  :shutup:

Cheers!

1 Thank

Have a spill kit on hand.  I second the absorbent pads.  Those work well but for large spills you will want something more robust.

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations?