What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Gift pack labelling for wine and chocolates in the UK

Started by , Jun 14 2022 01:31 PM
2 Replies

I have a client who is producing gift packs containing wine and chocolates. I am just checking, does the gift pack have to detail the products, allergens etc.. on the outside/onthe back of the gift box or is it sufficient to just have the ingredients, allergens etc… on the pre-packed products that make up the gift pack? For the UK

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do I need Net weight and PDP on gift box? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Is Net Weight required on Gift Packs when internal products are properly labelled? Gift Tin Labeling Need Food Tech gift ideas or birthday message
[Ad]

The gift pack would be the unit of sale, IMO, so you'd need to have the "mandatory particulars" for the foods included on the gift pack label.

See e.g. Article 2(2)(e) of Regulation (EU) 1169/2011, or page 86/87 of the attached guidance.

This would also accord with the overall purpose of this regulation - if the consumer can't see the allergen/ingredient/nutritional information until they've bought and opened the product, they aren't reasonably able to make an informed decision about whether to purchase it.

Attached Files

Thank you

Similar Discussion Topics
Do I need Net weight and PDP on gift box? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Is Net Weight required on Gift Packs when internal products are properly labelled? Gift Tin Labeling Need Food Tech gift ideas or birthday message