What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Has anyone discovered a CCP in a produce distribution environment?

Started by , Jul 06 2022 01:41 PM
6 Replies

Has anyone discovered a CCP in a produce distribution environment? We operate a warehouse bringing in produce then distributing the materials back out to local retail establishments - essentially a middle man. Thoughts?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Developing an Environment / ATP Swab Program BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 Organic Audit - Food Storage and Distribution Is Water testing required for SQF Storage and Distribution site?
[Ad]

I wouldn't imagine you'd have a CCP in that situation

You obviously need to be monitoring for temperatures and general GMPs (tightly closed doors/windows/pests etc) 

A CCP is a point in the process whereby a known hazard could become out of control----

1 Like

No CCPs but temperature control is most likely a PC (preventive control).

Do you ewcwive and just pass thru or is their handling involved prior to it being sent out to the restaurants

Also arw you washing or icing down anything.

Wet environment?

I had a produce facility as a clienr and tbey have 2 ccps.
Soery for the typo's!
1 Like

I worked at a similar company (by the sounds of it) and receival was a CCP for us. We had historically received produce on pallets that were dirty and could have contaminated our facility (odours, soil, rocks on pallets) or other produce (in particular via physical debris on pallets when we were double stacking them). We had a receival checklist that covered the main observable hazards (visual, including bacterial decay, and odour) which was completed. The SQF auditor was happy with that. 

It was designated a CCP before I started and stayed that way each year when we reviewed the HACCP plan. 

I worked at a similar company (by the sounds of it) and receival was a CCP for us. We had historically received produce on pallets that were dirty and could have contaminated our facility (odours, soil, rocks on pallets) or other produce (in particular via physical debris on pallets when we were double stacking them). We had a receival checklist that covered the main observable hazards (visual, including bacterial decay, and odour) which was completed. The SQF auditor was happy with that. 

It was designated a CCP before I started and stayed that way each year when we reviewed the HACCP plan. 

Hi HF,

As you illustrate, the response to the OP could relate to the specific operational details of the business. Unfortunately such details are unknown. Ganderson ?

Similar Discussion Topics
Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Developing an Environment / ATP Swab Program BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 Organic Audit - Food Storage and Distribution Is Water testing required for SQF Storage and Distribution site? HARA vs HACCP BRCG Storage and Distribution Allergen Management of CPGs in Warehouse Environment Pet Food storage and distribution Can I produce pet food at a human food processing facility? Australia Standard for Environment Swabs