What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Freezer Floor Cleaning products

Started by , Jul 13 2022 04:00 PM

https://valtecindust...cleaner-de-icer

11 Replies

Hello -

we are a Cold Storage Facility, we are looking for products to use to clean our freezer floors that can withstand -10* - Does anybody have any recommendations?   

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Freezer a PC? Does the freezer need to be on the flow chart as a preventative control Air filtration for blast freezer Freezer and Refrigerator Temperature How to mitigate or prevent Frost on Spiral Freezer entrance?
[Ad]
2 Likes

Hello -

we are a Cold Storage Facility, we are looking for products to use to clean our freezer floors that can withstand -10* - Does anybody have any recommendations?   

Maybe a slight semantic problem, IMEX Cold Stores are not Freezers ?

Either way, difficult to see how you can melt ice at -10degC without creating a skating rink.

IMEX "freezers" (-30degC) are shut down when convenient, eg at weekends and then cleaned.

Cold Stores (-18degC) are rarely shut down so mainly get floor brushing.

In the us cold storage facilities are mostly freezer operations.
1 Like

In the us cold storage facilities are mostly freezer operations.

yes, thank you! we are located in the US with about 200,000 sqf of freezer space!

Thank you for this link, I will look into this! 

Maybe a slight semantic problem, IMEX Cold Stores are not Freezers ?

Either way, difficult to see how you can melt ice at -10degC without creating a skating rink.

IMEX "freezers" (-30degC) are shut down when convenient, eg at weekends and then cleaned.

Cold Stores (-18degC) are rarely shut down so mainly get floor brushing.

Hi - we have about 200,000 Sqf freezer facility here in the U.S. - we house a lot of frozen product. 

Hi - we have about 200,000 Sqf freezer facility here in the U.S. - we house a lot of frozen product. 

Frozen product stored at -10degC ? Unusual.

@Charles. C - I Don't think I ever said anything about degrees in Celsius. 

we don't use Celsius as a way to take temperatures in the U.S., which is where we are located. 

Glenn was able to assist with what we were looking for  :smile:

Any reputable chemical supplier will have a specific chemical for this; typically alcohol based.

And for reference…in the US most “cold storage” facilities are not freezers….when someone says cold storage it’s refrigerated and yeah, a lot of them have freezer space too, but semantically that’s not the norm.

Makes sense, Thanks! 

Any reputable chemical supplier will have a specific chemical for this; typically alcohol based.

And for reference…in the US most “cold storage” facilities are not freezers….when someone says cold storage it’s refrigerated and yeah, a lot of them have freezer space too, but semantically that’s not the norm.

Hi Ryan,

[Nitpicking] - And do a lot of the US Cold Storages  also run at -10degC ? Never met this Standard before. :smile:

(or, come to think of it, even if Fahrenheit [-23.3degC], Réaumur I am less certain.)

Things may be different in US but TBH I have never encountered people pouring liquids on "freezer" or Cold Storage floors while running. However I have discovered that the type of rubber used for boots can be critical with regard to free skating.

Similar Discussion Topics
Freezer a PC? Does the freezer need to be on the flow chart as a preventative control Air filtration for blast freezer Freezer and Refrigerator Temperature How to mitigate or prevent Frost on Spiral Freezer entrance? Ideas on how to clean in a warehouse freezer? Freezer Truck Refrigerant Unit Calibration Chiller and Freezer Breakdown Procedures Freezer Thermometer Calibration Freezing in Freezer Critical Limits