What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRCGS 7.3 Medical Screening for Return or Visit to Site after foreign travel or holiday

Started by , Aug 16 2022 09:15 AM
4 Replies

I am reviewing our site Medical Screening procedure. There is reference to Medical Screening for Return/Visit to Site after foreign travel or holiday. The BRCGS standard and interpretation don't seem to specifically mention this. 

I guess the thought behind this is potentially increased or different exposure to infectious diseases

Is this a throw back to a previous standard version?

How do you approach this at your site?

My site is located in the UK.

Is there any guidance on which countries may be a cause for concern or should all foreign trips be subject to Technical review?

:helpplease:

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS 3.4.1 - Internal Audit frequency - To Dispute or Not to Dispute Nonconformance? BRCGS Ver 9 4.5.1 - Risk Assessment for Frequency of Analysis of Water Samples Could you pleae help to explain clause 3.4.1 in BRCGS Food Safety Standard Issue 8? BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? BRCGS Major Non-conformance on section 1.1.7 Resources
[Ad]

Hi Prop Tech,

We use a similar form for returning to work after holiday. Based in UK also.

Ours ask if you have been to a foreign country and then it would be down to current situations to evaluate the threat the country poses. I.e.: Africa and Yellow Fever/ Malaria, or certain countries with a high rate of Monkey Pox etc.

1 Like1 Thank

If you need a guide on Monkey Pox - see below. From the Institute of Food Safety at Cornell University.

https://institutefor...0e010-448390188

1 Thank

jst23 how do you manage/police staff informing you of their intention to travel abroad? I feel I would be better to go down the route of 'Staff are asked to inform the management team when they travel abroad' rather than 'Staff Must inform'. We have a lot of staff and to be honest I would have no idea if most of them were in their back gardens or kayaking the congo.

jst23 how do you manage/police staff informing you of their intention to travel abroad? I feel I would be better to go down the route of 'Staff are asked to inform the management team when they travel abroad' rather than 'Staff Must inform'. We have a lot of staff and to be honest I would have no idea if most of them were in their back gardens or kayaking the congo.

Being a smaller team I imagine it is a lot easier.

Other that requesting staff inform your of there travels. Upon their return to work staff are asked if they've been aboard and if so: Where. What more can you really do to police it?

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS 3.4.1 - Internal Audit frequency - To Dispute or Not to Dispute Nonconformance? BRCGS Ver 9 4.5.1 - Risk Assessment for Frequency of Analysis of Water Samples Could you pleae help to explain clause 3.4.1 in BRCGS Food Safety Standard Issue 8? BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? BRCGS Major Non-conformance on section 1.1.7 Resources BRCGS Packaging Materials Issue 7 Draft BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control BRCGS Haulier Transport Questionnaire BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care