What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Management of change forms in food manufacturing?

Started by , Sep 22 2022 12:58 PM
9 Replies

I am looking for change forms for food manufacturing.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Distribution in Allergen Management FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan
[Ad]

????  What exactly are you after?  A little more info please

I need a template for Management of change forms in a food manufacturing plant.

are you talking about a change log?  A record to record changes made to documents?

Yes I am.  

I put a change log on the bottom of each document, where I would record the specifics. For instance: "Updated section 4 to include instructions on cleaning xyz. - Name, Date" And then in a separate document register I would list the current version number and the last revision date. I had no complaints from auditors.

1 Like

Thank you, great idea.

That is what I do as well, change log at end of each document

AND I only update my master list once/year just before the audit so that I don't have to maintain it as well 

1 Like

I don't have access to it anymore to share, but one of my old companies had a "Management of Change Request" form that we filled out for each policy/document change.  It was a simple doc specifying the policy name/number, description of change, reason for change, had a place for management review and our SQF practitioner (me) to discuss how it affected our FS-QMS.  At the bottom, it required sign offs from production manager, QA manager, and one member of the executive team.

I kept all of those document change requests in a binder with a log on the front, and copies of the obsolete programs that were removed due to the change.  This was in conjunction with the running Revision History on every single policy.  I had a number of auditors mention they were impressed when they could see a document had been changed 6 months prior and I was able to immediately produce the documentation surrounding the change.  The one place I didn't keep a running revision history was on forms used in production (only current version date and the version replaced date, because adding a revision history could make a single page form into multiple pages).  When auditors would push back against that practice, I was able to use that change log in my defense to produce previous versions and explain the changes made.

1 Like

Thank you all, you have given me some great ideas.

Similar Discussion Topics
Distribution in Allergen Management FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen Foaming machines in a cleaning management system How do you manage your food safety management system? BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test?