What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Light Meter Calibration

Started by , Oct 27 2022 02:58 PM
6 Replies

Dear all,

Thanks for always helping out!

I have a light meter that I use just once in a year. My company has been sending it out for calibration every year before I joined. I am thinking it should not be every year, especially since it is used just once in a year. I am leaning towards getting it calibrated every two years. Can anyone recommend how frequent it should be calibrated based on experience. And if the frequency is acceptable.

Thanks,

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Glass light bulb change policy How were you able to satisfy module 11, Lighting and light fittings 11.1.3 Change of light trap and tin cat glue boards Using UV Light for Factory Site to Kill Microbes Cause of light brown grainy layer at bottom of yogurt?
[Ad]

I've always calibrated mine myself. Cover the white area with either the provided cap or thick cardboard, ensure it reads zero------you're good to go

Never been questioned by CFIA or an auditor

I've always calibrated mine myself. Cover the white area with either the provided cap or thick cardboard, ensure it reads zero------you're good to go

Great, thanks!

I used to have mine calibrated every year, but the expense kept going up and up; to the point I could buy a new one for what it cost to re-calibrate it. So, I changed the procedure saying that we were to compare readings from year to year and if there were any drastic changes, we would check into renting a light meter or purchasing a new one at that time. We have had 2 or 3 audits since then and no issues on audits.

What would you do if the result keeps fluctuating between 0, 1, and 2? 

I used to have mine calibrated every year, but the expense kept going up and up; to the point I could buy a new one for what it cost to re-calibrate it. So, I changed the procedure saying that we were to compare readings from year to year and if there were any drastic changes, we would check into renting a light meter or purchasing a new one at that time. We have had 2 or 3 audits since then and no issues on audits.

This is another great concept! Thanks a lot. I will see which one works for us.

What would you do if the result keeps fluctuating between 0, 1, and 2? 

I would change my calibration program for a light meter to read +/- 5 lumens

2 Likes

Similar Discussion Topics
Glass light bulb change policy How were you able to satisfy module 11, Lighting and light fittings 11.1.3 Change of light trap and tin cat glue boards Using UV Light for Factory Site to Kill Microbes Cause of light brown grainy layer at bottom of yogurt? Light Meter Recommendation? SQF 12.2.4 - Lighting and Light Fittings (shatter proof fittings and covers), does this apply to our operation? In light of Covid-19 is anyone making face masks mandatory in their facilities? Can this be optional? Is using UV light to kill Covid-19 effective? UV Light of EFK - when to change bulbs?