What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does tea manufacturing fall outside the scope of the FSMA?

Started by , Nov 14 2022 11:45 PM
5 Replies

Hi there,

Thank you.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FSMA 204 - GDST, tracking KDEs and CTEs,etc. Scope of Certification product specific Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility From what perspective to I write my Food Safety Manual when manufacturing is outsourced Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals
[Ad]

Hi RajaBD,

is your tea produced in the form of B2B (business to business, sack packaging) powder

or

in B2C (to customer) packaging, like in the bag packaging?

Hi there,

Thank you.

Most likely not. If you sell in the USA and over state lines (including online), you have to follow FSMA.

Depending on it, you could qualify under food or a supplement.

In the USA we blend tea (not tea leaves) with different flavors and sell them to customers (USA).

It is not a business-to-business transaction. In the USA we blend tea (not tea leaves) with different flavors and sell them to customers.

I'm not finding a smoking gun document that specifically lists tea under FSMA.  But I'd assume the FDA counts tea as a food intended for human consumption, and if your facility has a FDA registration number, you probably should be abiding by FSMA regulations.

The Food Safety Modernization Act in a Nutshell | NIST

Similar Discussion Topics
FSMA 204 - GDST, tracking KDEs and CTEs,etc. Scope of Certification product specific Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility From what perspective to I write my Food Safety Manual when manufacturing is outsourced Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals Packaging manufacturing and tape. Still using safety masks in food manufacturing ? Adding Pet Friendly Foods to Scope Using shipping containers as modular rooms in food manufacturing ISO Egg Wash Substitute for Bread Manufacturing