What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to stay informed

Started by , Jan 16 2023 11:23 AM
8 Replies

A customer just informed me that a new version of EC 1881/2006 is being drafted including a limit for Nickel in tree nuts which they want me to meet, even though it's not even communicated yet.

How am I supposed to know?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What is the best way to stay up to date with EU legislation drafts? Employees ignoring stay-at-home orders and social distancing outside of work? Hello everyone! Stay home and stay safe....Use all virtual barrier against COVID-19 How long can frozen food stay on the dock? Switch to two HACCP plans, or stay with one?
[Ad]

See if you can't subscribe to get updates from. With SQF, you are able to subscribe to a newsletter and get any updates they may have.

Does EC 1881/2006 have a contact page where you can sign up for emails? That seems odd that you received no notice, but maybe you need to visit their website once a month (or more) to be up to date on changes.

Does EC 1881/2006 have a contact page where you can sign up for emails? That seems odd that you received no notice, but maybe you need to visit their website once a month (or more) to be up to date on changes.

@Setana I can only sign up to actual changes when they're done. Not when they're only being discussed. 

How odd. SQF has a comment period where we can submit opinions to proposed changes.

@SHQuality, are you a member of any sort of trade body or industry organisation? IMO that's the best way to stay abreast of proposals and have some voice in the consultation process. If you're not then it might be worth looking at signing up for one.

@US friends - 1881/2006 is a regulation rather than a third party standard, so review mechanism is a little different.

1 Thank

Sometimes they're just early too.   I've had customers asking about celery, sesame seeds before it was a done deal.   I told um to be patient....lol.

@SHQuality, are you a member of any sort of trade body or industry organisation? IMO that's the best way to stay abreast of proposals and have some voice in the consultation process. If you're not then it might be worth looking at signing up for one.

My company is a member of at least 2 trade bodies and we have at least 2 other organizations who should inform us about legal changes and somehow this slipped through the cracks until the customer shared it. That worries me.

Sometimes they're just early too.   I've had customers asking about celery, sesame seeds before it was a done deal.   I told um to be patient....lol.

That is my first feeling too. If they want it tested, they should talk to the sales team to adjust the contract.

Similar Discussion Topics
What is the best way to stay up to date with EU legislation drafts? Employees ignoring stay-at-home orders and social distancing outside of work? Hello everyone! Stay home and stay safe....Use all virtual barrier against COVID-19 How long can frozen food stay on the dock? Switch to two HACCP plans, or stay with one? IFS Brokers V2, 5.5.1: authorities who should be informed of a recall How does everyone keep informed on Regulatory Notifications? How Do Moths Stay Dry In The Rain? How long will steak stay fresh in a refrigerator? Absolutely Silly Ways to Stay Warm