What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Microbes in Coconut Water

Started by , Mar 28 2023 09:39 AM
3 Replies

Dear Team,

Any one confirm.

Bacillus cereus & Clostridium spoil the Coconut Water.

If any reference available related this topic kindly share the same

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Can anyone share the FDA reference that pathogen microbes kill at above 100 degree celcius? Microbes significant in PP based packaging materials Microbes in Flour, are some grades better than others? Using UV Light for Factory Site to Kill Microbes Was told I needed a GLP program because I swab for microbes with color changing swabs
[Ad]

Both bacteria you mentioned are not considered spoilage organisms. However, if you meant that could Bacillus cereus & Clostridium be present in coconut water? Yes, it is possible. Poor hygienic processing (dirty surfaces, dirty equipment, poor personal hygiene, incorrect pasteurization and/or sterilization of packaging... can lead to contaminated end product. 

1 Like1 Thank

Thank you sir.

Normally Coconut water is sterile. 

Is there any possibility of those microbes contamination without cut or damage the coconut shell?

Absolutely, a coconut shell and meat are a porous media

If there was any damage to the exterior, even microscopic in size, the microbes will migrate to the coconut water

Similar Discussion Topics
Can anyone share the FDA reference that pathogen microbes kill at above 100 degree celcius? Microbes significant in PP based packaging materials Microbes in Flour, are some grades better than others? Using UV Light for Factory Site to Kill Microbes Was told I needed a GLP program because I swab for microbes with color changing swabs Efficiency of flash fryer in killing microbes in food What types of microbes can be found on plastic packaging? Hand dryers! microbes? Challenge studies using surrogate microbes What microbes can present in paper board used for packaging?