What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What are your methods or experience with decanting juice concentrates?

Started by , Apr 21 2023 09:04 PM
1 Reply

Hi all,

What are your methods or experience with decanting juice concentrates?

We do this process in our kitting room and often can call for less that 2lb of product for 1 batch. 

That means we transfer less that 2lb to a plastic ziploc to be used for a batch, about 13 times. 

At times, associates will pour out the product and catch with the ziploc bag.

I KNOW. I hate this method. 

Is there any other way? We already use plastic scoops for our spices etc. Can we dip small plastic bowls into pails? If we have a thorough glass and plastic brittle program. I don't suggest scoops because we've tried and doesn't work so smoothly. 

We are SQF Certified. 

Thank you! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Effective evaluation methods of food safety training How to calculate the juice content from formula? Verification & Validation - scheduling, methods, etc. Cleaning methods and chemicals for plastic IBCs? Fusarium Oxysporum in Pastuerised Orange Juice
[Ad]

if you want to "dip" maybe a stainless beaker with handle, sample thief, or actual dipper/ladle. 

the site below has lots of sampling equipment and may give you some ideas.  

Food grade stainless steel containers, 316 stainless containersStainless (qclabequipment.com)

Similar Discussion Topics
Effective evaluation methods of food safety training How to calculate the juice content from formula? Verification & Validation - scheduling, methods, etc. Cleaning methods and chemicals for plastic IBCs? Fusarium Oxysporum in Pastuerised Orange Juice Does anyone have experience with 3M Scrub Stick? Does anyone have experience with Monday.com as a Quality Management System and Supplier Management System? Does anyone have any experience in the new Anderson PPR System (paperless) in CA? Recipes for lemonade juice and orange juice from juice concentrate Does anyone have any information about or experience with Candida valida?