What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Pallet Requirements in trucks

Started by , Jul 12 2023 04:23 AM
6 Replies

Hi all, 

Lately our customer required pallet lay out on truck floor to avoid product direct contact with floor. May i know what is the Pallet's SOP need to be practice and how do we avoid workers step on pallets while goods off loading ?     

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Pallet treatment standards for a food facility Mixed Pallet - Raw Material Pallet cleaning procedure and tape on the floors Do we need a pallet wrapping procedure and lift watering procedure for SQF? Wood pallet return program with customers
[Ad]

Pallets should be loaded/unloaded with the product ON THEM using a forklift

You shouldn't need an SOP---just tell them not to walk on them

I've never seen a manufacturer do it, but I know Walmart and some LTL delivery services put pallets in, then pile stuff on them.  Is this the kind of shipping you do carine ?

Just like you have training to prevent hazards like walking in front of moving forklifts, you need to train people to not walk on pallets. There needs to be repercussions for an unsafe act.

I've never seen a manufacturer do it, but I know Walmart and some LTL delivery services put pallets in, then pile stuff on them.  Is this the kind of shipping you do carine ?

yes, there is. especially food manufacturer in their delivery to customer to prevent cross contamination from the truck floor. 

yes, there is. especially food manufacturer in their delivery to customer to prevent cross contamination from the truck floor.

I am not seeing a reason why people would need to walk across the empty pallets. Are you loading the product on the pallets while it is IN the truck trailer?

I am not seeing a reason why people would need to walk across the empty pallets. Are you loading the product on the pallets while it is IN the truck trailer?

This is because we off-loading the goods through workers not by forklift? 

Similar Discussion Topics
Pallet treatment standards for a food facility Mixed Pallet - Raw Material Pallet cleaning procedure and tape on the floors Do we need a pallet wrapping procedure and lift watering procedure for SQF? Wood pallet return program with customers Do we have to put contains nuts on pallet labels carrying nut products? Allergen Labeling...easily visible pallet labels Is water dripping from the top pallet onto product below contamination Phytosanitary certification for wood pallet Minimum number of inches a pallet needs to be from another pallet?