Fred73

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 23 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:SQFI certified consultant, PCQI, FSVP-QI, IAVA-QI, FS-CP & CCFS. I enjoy analyzing problems in the FS field, solving it and learning in the process.

Posted 20 November 2019 - 03:51 PM

I would like to get feedback on this situation: wet room where farm-produced crops and goods, include vegetables are stored, some products came with ice on top and if are stored in top of non other product or the same product they will get "potentially" water dripping from the top pallet/product that has passed trough the racking and wood (pallet). Do you consider this a contamination? if so, how would you prevent this? if no why?. Food code mention all produce must be washed previous consumption. Then if the product is "organic" ? .

nd01ken

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 22 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:College Sports, Wood Working, MS Access Databases, Software diddling, Coaching Softball, Basketball, and most of all being a father of 4.

Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:11 PM

In my opinion it would be cross contamination as the water would be coming off the pallet which was on a floor at some point. You would need drip trays under the pallet areas or spill pallets to catch the water, both of these would then need to be added to your cleaning schedule. 

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:56 PM

I would like to get feedback on this situation: wet room where farm-produced crops and goods, include vegetables are stored, some products came with ice on top and if are stored in top of non other product or the same product they will get "potentially" water dripping from the top pallet/product that has passed trough the racking and wood (pallet). Do you consider this a contamination? if so, how would you prevent this? if no why?. Food code mention all produce must be washed previous consumption. Then if the product is "organic" ? .

like product is stored "on top" of like product - dripping water thru boxes and pallets is contamination and poses a cross-contamination issue.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users