What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Method for tracing organic oil used to fry products that meets mass balance requirements

Started by , Aug 01 2023 07:27 PM
2 Replies

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone had found a good way to trace organic oil used to fry products that meets mass balance requirements.

We have one component in our product that is fried using oil, the oil carried through the frying process is less than 1% of the formula.

We currently take organic oil, fry the organic nuts, pump oil to a process step that converts it to conventional, run conventional nuts and then pump to a waste tank. We are struggling to document how the received organic oil is consumed through the process. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Specific Migration testing and the alternative - screening method Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters Standard Bread Baking Method Test method documentation and details Safe method to thaw juices to go into batches
[Ad]

Hi, I don't know the process but: Based on the amount of organic nuts that are put into the fryers in each cycle, knowing the oil absorption ratio of the nuts, you can estimate the amount of oil consumed. Track every oil transfer operation, from the frying stage to the waste tank. This will help identify any leaks or discrepancies. I don't know if they can be useful as advice...

1 Thank

Hi, I don't know the process but: Based on the amount of organic nuts that are put into the fryers in each cycle, knowing the oil absorption ratio of the nuts, you can estimate the amount of oil consumed. Track every oil transfer operation, from the frying stage to the waste tank. This will help identify any leaks or discrepancies. I don't know if they can be useful as advice...

Similar Discussion Topics
Specific Migration testing and the alternative - screening method Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters Standard Bread Baking Method Test method documentation and details Safe method to thaw juices to go into batches Looking for a complete set of AOAC official method of analysis Any testing method to test for baker yeast activity in the dough of frozen and unbaked What is the best method to charge by hour or by project? Probiotic testing method as per ISO 7889:2003 Machine cleaning method