What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does everyone still have a physical quality manual?

Started by , Aug 02 2023 11:11 AM
3 Replies

Hi all, 

Does everyone still have a physical quality manual? Is there anyone who keeps everything purely digital?

Kind Regards. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Need to implement a manual cleaning procedure while our rack washer is down ISO 9001 and 22000 Manual Template From what perspective to I write my Food Safety Manual when manufacturing is outsourced Salary for Quality Control Supervisor
[Ad]

Our IT infrastructure has not always proven reliable, so I keep both.  Some auditors prefer the physical copy to leaf through as well, and I do what I reasonably can to keep them happy.

I do not keep a physical manual, but keep in mind that any procedures important to staff should be kept in a manner that makes them accessible. If you keep everything digitally, it's best for all staff to have computer access so they can view the procedures as needed. A permissions-based system works well in this case because it enables all users to view documents, but only a select few to edit them.

During audits they do like to have things printed out for review, but it's understood that it's just for ease of review during the audit. Any auditor I've worked with so far has been fine with everything being digital provided that access is provided.

I do both.  Worked for a company once that got hacked and lost a good majority of digital records and such.  Boy was I glad I had a physical copy of the SOPs and forms and many others were glad I had the physical copies as well.  Always be prepared for the worst possibility.

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Need to implement a manual cleaning procedure while our rack washer is down ISO 9001 and 22000 Manual Template From what perspective to I write my Food Safety Manual when manufacturing is outsourced Salary for Quality Control Supervisor HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards Building a Sustainable Culture of Quality and Food Safety Annual Food Safety & Quality Training