What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC Section 4.5.3 Air

Started by , Aug 14 2023 11:30 AM
1 Reply

Hi All, 

We have an old chocolate machine (enrober) with one build in filter. It is a not a compressed air, the air is sourced form atmosphere via an internal blower fan in the machine itself, so it is fully self-contained, then is blowing directly on the products (to spread chocolate evenly) 

Does anyone have similar case and have done a consideration for risk contamination? 

Shall we do a risk assessment for physical particles like dust etc, what about agar plates? 

Thank you ! ;)

D

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS Section 4.6 risk assessments for version 9 Section 11.7.5.7 - Knife Control of Box Cutters Does primary conversion section 5.9 of BRCGS Version 9 apply to lobsters? BRCGS Section 5.9 - Animal Primary Conversion BRCSGS section 1.1.2 Food Safety Culture
[Ad]

I don't think that this falls into the clause that you stated.  

However, I do agree that it should be addressed.   There probably already is or should be a risk assessment in your HACCP plan.   I am not familiar with enrobers.   I'm guessing the filter is not fine enough to remove microorganisms.  I think it would be prudent to have some data regarding the ambient air and/or air coming from the blower.   I would be more concerned with microorganisms.  Also, typical PMs for filter and sanitation and monitoring should be in place.  

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS Section 4.6 risk assessments for version 9 Section 11.7.5.7 - Knife Control of Box Cutters Does primary conversion section 5.9 of BRCGS Version 9 apply to lobsters? BRCGS Section 5.9 - Animal Primary Conversion BRCSGS section 1.1.2 Food Safety Culture TS 22002-1 Section 8 Equipment suitability, cleaning and maintenance How are companies approaching Section 2.3.2 (Specifications) in SQF Code 9.0 S&D V4 Section 5.2.7 Waste Containers not in compliance with section 54 of the SFCR FSSC Purchased Materials section 2.5.1(d)