What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Import chicken product from Canada to USA

Started by , Oct 16 2023 11:58 AM
1 Reply

Trying to determine the best route

Background: Federally inspected USDA/FDA processing plant

Currently: Using a secondary supplier to import a raw chicken product from Canada to the USA. 

Seasonal item/one or two time buy a year. We plan on taking the bulk item and repackaging it for individual use.

We currently don't directly import anything or ever have.

So my question:

Is it worth the cost and regulatory wise to look into importing directly vs using a secondary supplier/pass through company. 

What would be all requirements if we were to import. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP Flow Import and Export Requirements for import of Fried Onion from Asian Countries Software to connect suppliers with FDA import alerts? Is there a specific section in the SQF standard that covers the import and export of goods? To import Panettone into the USA do I have to apply for SID as a baked product?
[Ad]

Pretty straightforward, but time consuming process...... I would also recommend you use a broker for the border portion, as one document in the wrong order is sometimes enough to hold your lot up

This checklist is provided as an overview of the steps needed to be taken when you want to import meat, poultry, or egg products to the United States.

1. Products must originate from certified countries and establishments eligible to export to the United States.
  2. The Animal and Plant Health Inspection Services (APHIS) restricts some products from entering the United States because of animal disease conditions in the country of origin. For information on restrictions related to animal diseases and information about APHIS, contact the APHIS Veterinary Services, National Center for Import and Export.
  3. Countries and establishments become eligible following an equivalence determination process by FSIS.
  4. Imported products must meet the same labeling requirements as domestically-produced products.
  5. After filing the necessary forms for U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and meeting animal disease requirements of APHIS, all imported meat, poultry and egg products must be presented for inspection by FSIS at an official import establishment.
  6. https://www.fsis.usd...import-guidance
1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP Flow Import and Export Requirements for import of Fried Onion from Asian Countries Software to connect suppliers with FDA import alerts? Is there a specific section in the SQF standard that covers the import and export of goods? To import Panettone into the USA do I have to apply for SID as a baked product? Import Food Regulation in Turkey Chinese custom office complaint for banana and mango import Where can I found the right link to apply for an import license? Import Minerals from Canada - how to be FSVP and FSMA Compliant Micro.standards for food import to USA