What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Magnetic separator for ferrous metal contamination deviations as ccp

Started by , Oct 23 2023 06:52 AM
3 Replies

we are platics manufacturer ( blowing & injections ) . our haccp plane have one ccp as metal contamination controlled by monitoring magnetic separator contamination by ferrometals in the begining of every shift in hopper .

we have nc   3rd pary audit as there is no log /records for deviations .

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Does anyone have a CCP deviation record for a magnetic separator? Metal Detection with magnetic seal Magnetic Trap Critical Limit Electro magnetic charge in Cocoa powder itself- increased False reject
[Ad]

You can make a Metal Detection Log Book. The following points shall be covered:

1. Date
  2. Time
  3. Product
  4. Batch No.
  5. Result
  6. Correction (if any deviation is observed)
  7. Checked By
  8. Verified By
  9. Remarks (if any)

Is this setup as a gravity table after the hopper or belt fed? When I worked in a rice mill we used a belt fed magnetic separator to protect our machines downstream and is just a CP, had a box to check that it was on at the begining of the shift that was all. A metal detector was used later on and it was our CCP and had a log similar to what Mohammed mentioned.

With a magentic separator in my opinion it will be hard to set limits on sizes, volume of metal, I don't believe there is a way to calibrate these types of machines. You might just need a check that it is on? Do you have a MD later down in your process? 

no metal detector

Similar Discussion Topics
Does anyone have a CCP deviation record for a magnetic separator? Metal Detection with magnetic seal Magnetic Trap Critical Limit Electro magnetic charge in Cocoa powder itself- increased False reject