What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Organic Status - Flour Production

Started by , Nov 17 2023 06:07 PM
1 Reply

Hi,

I've been given a risk assessment to complete for Organic Status Flour that is grown onsite, and some of the sections talk about site management, seed selection, right through to organic harvesting. I don't really have any farm related knowledge, apart from the really obvious stuff like use of crop rotation and organic fertilisers,  and was wondering if someone here might be able to shed some light on the potential hazards and possible control measures. Rather than sitting down and reading the entire DEFRA website.

Thank You Kindly!  :headhurts:

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Organic Audit - Food Storage and Distribution Organic Food Fraud program Is there a difference between Organic Food Fraud and Conventional food fraud? GMO Testing for Organic Corn
[Ad]

I think your going to have to read the standard.   There are many opportunities for errors especially if both organic and conventional crops are grown and handled.   

At least in the USA, I hear a lot of issues with inadequate buffer zones.  Its not that they are not there, but there are sill issues with drift from neighboring farms (pesticide, non gmo pollination, etc.)

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Organic Audit - Food Storage and Distribution Organic Food Fraud program Is there a difference between Organic Food Fraud and Conventional food fraud? GMO Testing for Organic Corn Organic Material - Inventory Discrepancies Organic Fraud Prevention Guide How to control flour beetle in an organic mill? FSSC 22000 VERSION5.1 Organic Mineral HACCP Plan Organic Cane Sugar - Foreign Material HELP