What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does anyone use a specialized software to input data from lab tests?

Started by , Dec 27 2023 10:55 PM
4 Replies

Does anyone use a specialized software to input data from lab tests? I'm trying to decide if building my own spreadsheets in excel is just as good as getting a software that costs thousands of dollars. Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What Audit Software are you using? Tips and tricks or easier ways to create Safety Data Sheets Data logger monitoring Platform or software for creating posters Can anyone recommend or suggest alternative options to Genesis R&D Food Labelling Software?
[Ad]

We use Google sheets and it does the trick

1 Thank

Nothing special for me and the 9 different facilities I monitor and trend lab data for through FSNS.  They have an online portal that can spit out some interesting graphs on the fly, but I live in their raw data downloads.  Throw the data into an Excel table each month, then use separate sheets with pivot charts and timelines and whatnot to filter one sheet for our listeria results and another to check the APC from post-sanitation verifications.  I do have to clean up the APC results in the main table each month:  make sure they'll all 'numbers' in Excel's mind, remove the < and > signs and the Est. on occasion, but it only takes a few minutes to clean the data.

1 Thank

Nope.  Some excel-fu turns the data into charts and heatmaps sufficient to do trend analysis.

You need to make sure they are compliant with Part 11 if you are within the scope of the regulation.  https://www.ecfr.gov...apter-A/part-11

If it is a closed system, then you need to have audit trails, operational system checks, etc.  This is why software you use for data needs to be Part 11-compliant.

Similar Discussion Topics
What Audit Software are you using? Tips and tricks or easier ways to create Safety Data Sheets Data logger monitoring Platform or software for creating posters Can anyone recommend or suggest alternative options to Genesis R&D Food Labelling Software? Nutrition Software Recommendations Internal auditing and non-conformance reporting software systems Looking for New Temperature Data Loggers Creating Our Own COAs Based on Lab Data Quality Management Software in a small food manufacturing company