What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Potable Water COA

Started by , Jan 05 2024 02:25 PM
4 Replies

Good morning, IFSQN members

This might be a rookie question, but if your company buy potable water for your product, do you request COA from the water company?

As of now, for my company, I have asked my supplier for COA for their potable water, but they do not have any COAs, but instead send me the Water Quality report.

Do potable water company supplied COAs or the water quality report is enough?

thank you in advance

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 11.5.1.2 Contigency Plans - potable water supply Can you use food grade potable water hose to process kool aid or gravy? What are the minimum chlorine levels that are acceptable in potable water? Potable Water Testing Potable water standards of WHO
[Ad]

Depends on the data on Water quality report: if it contains micro and heavy metal tests, it might be sufficient. For city water we use in our production we also have only water quality reports, annual, and that's all. However, we're doing verification testing, weekly and monthly.

1 Like1 Thank

imho, you still need to test it.  we have a water quality statement from the city, but still test annually.   If I was bringing it in, I would test it per lot/batch.   

I have to test my metal detectable bandaids every time I get a new lot, and water seems much more important than that if it's used in your product.

1 Like2 Thanks

Hi Seamoss,

Normally you should have a specification for the potable water, an assurance of supply such as a general certificate of conformity from your supplier and an annual quality report with detailed water analysis.

This should be followed up on site by supplier monitoring so checking the quality of the water (normally fairly basic micro, chemical and physical tests) received.

In addition to this, it is possible that the water supplied is contaminated in your water distribution system so you should also be conducting tests of water at point of use.

Kind regards,

Tony

1 Like1 Thank

Water quality report covering the chemical as well as microbiological parameters is a must.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 11.5.1.2 Contigency Plans - potable water supply Can you use food grade potable water hose to process kool aid or gravy? What are the minimum chlorine levels that are acceptable in potable water? Potable Water Testing Potable water standards of WHO Potable Water Testing...what to test for and frequency? SOP for potable water testing Specification for sodium hypochlorite used for potable water disinfect How to ensure water from a well is potable? Potable Water for CIP Flushing