What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Maintaining Traceability in FMCG warehouse for Promotional items

Started by , Jan 09 2024 01:53 PM
2 Replies

Hello everyone

We are a FMCG company and time to time we do a promo for some food products.

We have a software that manages traceability in the warehouse for inbounds and outbounds.

I want to know how we can manage traceability for promotional food products as we sell two products as one.

For example we have :

Item 1 : Expiry Date 09/01/2025 , Batch number 001

Item 2  : Expiry Date 09/06/2025 , Batch number 004

And we want to sell Item 1 & Item 2 as one product for a a discount.

Actually, we create another item (Item 3) in the system and give it the lesser expiry which is Item 1 (09/01/2025) but this is wrong as Item 2 traceability is lost.  :oops2:

Can you advise me how to maintain traceability for this kind of promotional products please  :shutup:

Have a nice day

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Problems Implementing and Maintaining a Knife Control Policy Maintaining Warehouse Floors Advice for maintaining bathroom and toilet hygiene Suggestions for maintaining bathroom hygiene Maintaining an inspection line or perimeter gap in a warehouse?
[Ad]

Hello everyone

We are a FMCG company and time to time we do a promo for some food products.

We have a software that manages traceability in the warehouse for inbounds and outbounds.

I want to know how we can manage traceability for promotional food products as we sell two products as one.

For example we have :

Item 1 : Expiry Date 09/01/2025 , Batch number 001

Item 2  : Expiry Date 09/06/2025 , Batch number 004

And we want to sell Item 1 & Item 2 as one product for a a discount.

Actually, we create another item (Item 3) in the system and give it the lesser expiry which is Item 1 (09/01/2025) but this is wrong as Item 2 traceability is lost.  :oops2:

Can you advise me how to maintain traceability for this kind of promotional products please  :shutup:

Have a nice day

It depends largely on what "system" you're creating the sold item in. 

You can maintain a separate record for such merged batch number.

Similar Discussion Topics
Problems Implementing and Maintaining a Knife Control Policy Maintaining Warehouse Floors Advice for maintaining bathroom and toilet hygiene Suggestions for maintaining bathroom hygiene Maintaining an inspection line or perimeter gap in a warehouse? CO2 emissions of implementing and maintaining electronic Management System Uphold GMPs While Maintaining Distance Maintaining Confidentiality of Supplier Identifying Information Uphold GMPs While Maintaining Distance Operating and maintaining compliance in an SQF Certified facility during COVID-19 with a significantly reduced Sanitation and Quality Assurance staff.