What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Controlled Documents List

Started by , Jan 17 2024 08:54 PM
2 Replies

Hello !

I'm in the middle of updating our controlled docs to 2024. We have kept a running list of changes to each controlled doc for the last 15 years or so. The list of changes per doc is getting a little long. Does anyone know if this it is necessary to keep all changes..... or just the last change and new change with date and revision?

thanks 

1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Are photocopies of controlled forms permitted? CCP controlled by a third party Should plastic utensils, paper napkins, one time use items be lot controlled? BRCGS Clause 6.1.7 - Where the site handles products or materials that are outside the scope of the audit, these shall be controlled Printed Controlled Document
[Ad]

I usually limit it to the last five changes, and keep retired versions for five years.   None of the auditors or inspectors have suggested they needed to see more.

eta.  There is a separate document for the whole program 'binder' that lists which documents were updated and when, with 5 years of history.

1 Thank

Hi chrisolson,

:welcome:

Welcome to the IFSQN forums!

Some people manage this by issuing a new document after a certain amount of changes were made (10 at the last site I worked at where this was applied).

I would think as G M has indicated a time limit of 5 years being applied could also be adapted. No one is going to beat you up if you don’t hold records of revisions for longer than that.

Kind regards,

Tony

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Are photocopies of controlled forms permitted? CCP controlled by a third party Should plastic utensils, paper napkins, one time use items be lot controlled? BRCGS Clause 6.1.7 - Where the site handles products or materials that are outside the scope of the audit, these shall be controlled Printed Controlled Document SQF 12.8.1.4 - Controlled Disposal of trademarked materials Do Food Safety Signs and Posters need to be document controlled? Receiving Temperature Controlled Ingredients, CCP? Controlled atmosphere production How to demarcate AIB & SQF controlled areas?