What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Supplier Approval

Started by , Jan 17 2024 11:48 PM
2 Replies

We are sourcing our raw materials from restaurant depot. Is restaurant depot an approved supplier? How do we show that restaurant depot is an approved supplier? What is Supplier's Acceptance Policy? What documents do I need to have to approve Restaurant Depot as a supplier?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Documentation needed to approve green unroasted Coffee supplier Allergen checklist to supplier BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer
[Ad]

What does your program say about approving suppliers?  SQF themselves doesn't approve suppliers, it says you need to establish criteria for approving them.  Do you require suppliers to have a GFSI certification?  If so, does Restaurant Depot have one?  What other metrics do you require to add someone to your approved supplier list?

1 Like

You should approve suppliers based on risk and the documents that you need are based off of the risk assessment and what your supplier approval program dictates.  SQF gives you a good deal of latitude on how you build your supplier approval program.  however, purchasing form RD might be a huge hassel from a food safety / SQF standpoint.  

I don't know much about restaurant depot.   My guess is that they are more of a broker / commercial store.    I do see they have a portion of their website dedicated to fsqa requests including certification audits.    It might be good to reach out to them and see how they can or cant help.    Then adjust your plan of attack based on their level of support.   

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Documentation needed to approve green unroasted Coffee supplier Allergen checklist to supplier BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging? Supplier not providing TDS Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Emergency Supplier Approvals