What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Radiological Free statement from supplier

Started by , Jan 19 2024 08:28 AM
4 Replies

Hi All!

If supplier is unable to provide declaration letter of free from radiological, can i include this question like, "Is there any irradiation involved with the raw material and/or process?" in supplier questionnaire?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRC P. 3.5.1.1 - - Do I take into account radiological hazards when assessing risk Radiological substance in raw material Hazard Analysis Assessment Which GFSI Standards(hazard analysis) include Radiological hazards Radiological hazard analysis for raw meat process Legislation that applies to radiological hazards for foods
[Ad]

If they can not provide I doubt the work around will pan out.

For our new chain of stores we ask 3 questions...

1. Does your company use irradiation.

2. Does your company use x-ray systems.

3. Does any of your suppliers utilize 1 and/or #2 above.

Any years and its an automatic red line for the supplier in question. 

1 Like

If they can not provide I doubt the work around will pan out.

For our new chain of stores we ask 3 questions...

1. Does your company use irradiation.

2. Does your company use x-ray systems.

3. Does any of your suppliers utilize 1 and/or #2 above.

Any years and its an automatic red line for the supplier in question. 

Dear Glenn,

Thank you for your response! So, that's mean, that i can use those question in my Supplier Questionnaire form to be distributed to our supplier, correct?

Hi :) 

You can add whatever you want in the questionnaire. 

County of origin can tell you a lot as well, it is worth to follow RASFF Window - Search (europa.eu) (you can select radiation / heavy metals etc). 

not sure what type of raw materials risk assessment you have, but sometimes if worth to ask for COA (certificate of analysis) or just organise lab testing for such ingredient 

;) 

Attached Files

Form we send to our suppliers is combined to ask about whether the material carries a GMO, BioEngineered ingredient, or Irradiated statement.  If there are any yeses, it gets scrutinized and likely kicked because we don't want to deal with those ingredients.

Similar Discussion Topics
BRC P. 3.5.1.1 - - Do I take into account radiological hazards when assessing risk Radiological substance in raw material Hazard Analysis Assessment Which GFSI Standards(hazard analysis) include Radiological hazards Radiological hazard analysis for raw meat process Legislation that applies to radiological hazards for foods Allergen & radiological declarations for food contact materials? BRC V8 Audit Non-Conformances (inc. Radiological) How are people managing radiological hazards for BRC 8? Radiological Hazards Request for Suppliers/Manufacturers Radiological Risk Assessment