What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Certifications for imported equipment and machinery

Started by , Jan 27 2024 07:32 PM
2 Replies

We are planning to import a machine from China, but we are unsure about the certifications that we need to have for these machines. Does it have to be FDA approved as well as NSF certified to be operated in the USA? It does touch our food product so does SQF require it to be NSF certified?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Farm food safety certifications SQF Certified getting ISO 22000 Certifications from Broker Kosher certifications for Co-packer What sort of certifications do I need for BRC? GFSI Certifications and Lead Auditor Training
[Ad]

Machines do not usually have a FDA or NSF certification.   The expectation is that the machine will be constructed and maintained in a manner that it will not be a risk to food safety.   

SQF 11.1.7 indicates that you should have procedures on how to select and purchase equipment.   many people use a checklist that is commonly available on-line.  I have attached two common ones.    

Attached Files

1 Like

Equipment shall meet the necessary standards for food safety and hygiene. It is crucial that food contact equipment is constructed using durable materials that are capable of withstanding repeated cleaning. These materials should be compatible with the intended products to ensure the safety and quality of our food. Additionally, product contact surfaces must be constructed from materials specifically designed for food use. These surfaces should be impermeable and free from rust or corrosion.

Similar Discussion Topics
Farm food safety certifications SQF Certified getting ISO 22000 Certifications from Broker Kosher certifications for Co-packer What sort of certifications do I need for BRC? GFSI Certifications and Lead Auditor Training Switching GFSI Approved Certifications What steps do I take to become a food safety auditor and what certifications are most recognised around the world to get trained in? Food safety certifications required to sell retail and at wholefoods in Canada and USA Let's talk designations! What food safety training and certifications do you recommend? Can anyone recommend where I can get food safety and science training / certifications