What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Calculating %DV for Nutrition Facts Table

Started by , Apr 25 2024 09:02 PM
4 Replies

Good day all.

I searched the forum for the above topic but not getting any hits.

Question: When calculating  % Daily Value (%DV), do you use the actual nutrient test value or the rounded value based on the US FDA rule ?

e.g. If the Sodium in the food was tested in the lab and a value of 13mg was obtained - the US FDA rule would require that it be rounded to the nearest 5mg and therefore appear on the Nutrition Facts label as 15mg.

Therefore, my question is: Do I use the 13mg or the 15mg to calculate the %DV for Sodium?

Thank you.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Calculating percent (%) DV (daily value) for protein? Law of Cooling for calculating time Calculating time and temperature for thawing a certain volume of frozen meat? Need a USA file for calculating nutrition facts and rounding for vitamins Calculating Customer Complaint CPM?
[Ad]

Hi,

daily value of products, caloric content, calculated before rounding per portion, so use 13mg

1 Thank

Follow the rounding rule  (because it's a "rule")

AIB has a convenient chart that summarizes the rounding rule and %DV.

Attached Files

1 Thank

Thanks everyone. I found the information offered useful - thanks again!

Similar Discussion Topics
Calculating percent (%) DV (daily value) for protein? Law of Cooling for calculating time Calculating time and temperature for thawing a certain volume of frozen meat? Need a USA file for calculating nutrition facts and rounding for vitamins Calculating Customer Complaint CPM? Procedure for Calculating CFU (Colony Forming Unit) Calculating formulation for new product with adjusted Bx Content Calculating fat % from visual lean? Calculating risk levels for Physical hazards Calculating of Nutritional information Software