What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Repacking machines flowcharts

Started by , Apr 27 2024 03:49 PM
3 Replies
Hello everyone
my company works in repacking of raw materials. We have 3 repacking machines. The first question: When making a flow chart ... all parts of the machine shall be mentioned in this flow chart ?

second question: Are there legislation to separate each repacking machine from to gather, or no problem if put all machen in same space ?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
GFSI Certified and Allergen Free Repacking Decanting and repacking processes by a Supplier Non-GFSI certified Potential issues with repacking Roasted Red Peppers Potential risks of repacking cheese in ambient Declaring Nutrition Facts when repacking product?
[Ad]

When I made flowcharts for my old spice company, we used automatic filling machines for case fill and bag filling (two separate machines).  I listed the machines as a single step in the flowchart, but we did call out potential hazards in the HACCP for physical contamination: case filler used a small screw conveyor and a plunger to start/stop product flow, bag filler had a compartment to preweigh before dropping into the bag.  

Hello everyone
my company works in repacking of raw materials. We have 3 repacking machines. The first question: When making a flow chart ... all parts of the machine shall be mentioned in this flow chart ?

second question: Are there legislation to separate each repacking machine from to gather, or no problem if put all machen in same space ?

Generally a machine can be a single step -- material goes in and undergoes transformation of some kind and won't be evaluated for acceptability until it comes out. 

The exception would be if it is performing separate actions involving the intermediate stages of material that can be assessed and rejected independently of one another.  This more commonly occurs where several different pieces of equipment are close together.

1 Like
thank you all

Similar Discussion Topics
GFSI Certified and Allergen Free Repacking Decanting and repacking processes by a Supplier Non-GFSI certified Potential issues with repacking Roasted Red Peppers Potential risks of repacking cheese in ambient Declaring Nutrition Facts when repacking product? Regulation for Repacking (unexposed) Raw chicken Can we repack pet food in a chocolate and nuts (for humans) repacking? HACCP Manual For Milk Powder Repacking Unit USDA in FDA Plant, Query Re: Repacking