What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Guidance Standard for ISO 22000

Started by , Nov 09 2006 08:21 PM
7 Replies
Hi there, Having recentley taken delivery of the ISO 22000 standard I'm thinking of buying the guidance standard, do you think it is worthwhile, will it help me understand the requirements better? Is it like ISO 9004 is for ISO 9001, very useful.

Tks,
David
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Environmental Monitoring guidance Seafood facility HACCP Guidance Plant Based Protein Meat Alternatives. Seeking Guidance on Lead Food Auditor Training and Internal Food Auditor Training Product not reaching the cooling temperature as per the FDA guidance Food allergen labelling and information requirements technical guidance
[Ad]

Hi there, Having recentley taken delivery of the ISO 22000 standard I'm thinking of buying the guidance standard, do you think it is worthwhile, will it help me understand the requirements better? Is it like ISO 9004 is for ISO 9001, very useful.

Tks,
David

Hi David,
I bought the guidance standard. In my opinion it is not useful as 9004. Most of sections are "No guidance is given". Communication, Hazard assesment and Section 8 have good explanation. But yes it would be nice to have.

Regards,
Selmin

Tks,
David

ISO 9004:2000 is not a guide for ISO 9001:2000!!! It is beyond the generic standard, taking you further up towards BEM
Yes, I think 22004 is a good guide
Shaul

ISO 9004:2000 is not a guide for ISO 9001:2000!!! It is beyond the generic standard, taking you further up towards BEM
Shaul

Yep... Shaul I think you are right...

I'm only missing a "OPRP vs. PCC" better explanation aren't u?

Shaul

OK but for me it gives practical ways on how you can achieve ISO 9001 also, if that is all you should want. I found it to be an invaluable guide.

Tks for all of the responses, well should I buy or am I goin to be disappointed?

David

OK but for me it gives practical ways on how you can achieve ISO 9001 also, if that is all you should want. I found it to be an invaluable guide.

Tks for all of the responses, well should I buy or am I goin to be disappointed?

David

It's all the advice there is at the moment, well except for these forums. If you are struggling to understand a particular requirement of ISO 22000 then ask a question on here. Much more personal and free too.

Welcome to the forums David.

Regards,
Simon

Tks,
David

Hi David,

I do have a copy of the ISO22004 and I was quite frankly dissapointed. It does have some useful hints but if you're looking for a document of the same quality as ISO9004 then I wouldn't waste your money.

I think you'll find this forum should help with most queries (just don't forget to contribute as well! )

James Gibb

Hi David,

I do have a copy of the ISO22004 and I was quite frankly dissapointed. It does have some useful hints but if you're looking for a document of the same quality as ISO9004 then I wouldn't waste your money.

I think you'll find this forum should help with most queries (just don't forget to contribute as well! )

James Gibb

Tks for the feedback, it was well worth asking you guys as I will now not buy the guidance. In fact after having a quick scan of 22k when I first got it I quickly put it down till after Xmas, I think. Have a good one!!!

David

Similar Discussion Topics
Environmental Monitoring guidance Seafood facility HACCP Guidance Plant Based Protein Meat Alternatives. Seeking Guidance on Lead Food Auditor Training and Internal Food Auditor Training Product not reaching the cooling temperature as per the FDA guidance Food allergen labelling and information requirements technical guidance How do we apply the new FSSC guidance updates? Taiwanese translation of FSSC 22000 EMP Guidance Guidance on Food safety Culture New SQF Guidance Final Guidance for Industry: Foreign Supplier Verification Programs for Importers of Food for Humans and Animals Published