What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

ISO 22005 Traceability

Started by , Feb 06 2007 02:57 PM
8 Replies
Hi,
We want to develop our traceability system, especially from raw material to finish product. Can ISO22005 traceability standard help us ? It would be nice to have the users' suggestions.

Regards,
Selmin
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Traceability issue with product receiving? 'Topping up' - bulk commodities and traceability Traceability for Packing Materials Bulk raw material receiving and traceability FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance
[Ad]
Hi Selmin, According to the ISO website it has not been published yet.

ISO/DIS 22005: Traceability in the feed and food chain -- General principles and basic requirements for system design and implementation

Phew! is that a long title.

Simon

Hi Selmin, According to the ISO website it has not been published yet.

ISO/DIS 22005: Traceability in the feed and food chain -- General principles and basic requirements for system design and implementation

Phew! is that a long title.

Simon

Thank you Simon. In IS0 22k standard there is a refer to ISO 22005, so I thought that it was published.

Regards,
Selmin

Thank you Simon. In IS0 22k standard there is a refer to ISO 22005, so I thought that it was published.
Regards,
Selmin

Ah I see Selmin.

Does anybody know when ISO 22005 is expected to be published?

Regards,
Simon

Ah I see Selmin.

Does anybody know when ISO 22005 is expected to be published?

Regards,
Simon

As far as I know the publication target day is 1 September 2007.
The actual status is 60.00 which meas being under publication.
BTW, does anyone know if the packaging materials (primary packaging in contact with the food) used, should be also traced ?
According to 22000, IMO only raw materials should be under traceability, although the logic would include the packaging materials as well.
Regards,
Moshe

Hi,
We want to develop our traceability system, especially from raw material to finish product. Can ISO22005 traceability standard help us ? It would be nice to have the users' suggestions.

Regards,
Selmin

I saw a DIS version (under development) and I think it's only a general guide, and it doesn't help you in the strict mean of the word.
here is the table of contents:
5 Design................ 3
5.1 General design considerations ........... 3
5.2 Choice of objectives................. 3
5.3 Products and/or ingredients................ 3
5.4 Steps for the design ................ 4
5.4.1 Feed and food chain placement .............. 4
5.4.2 Flow of materials........................ 4
5.4.3 Information requirements ................ 4
5.5 Establishment of procedures ...................... 4
5.6 Documentation requirements............... 4
5.7 Feed and food chain coordination ................. 5
6 Implementation .................. 5
6.1 General........................... 5
6.2 Traceability plan............... 5
6.3 Responsibilities ............... 5
6.4 Training plan ................... 5
6.5 Monitoring ....................... 5
6.6 Internal audit .................... 6
6.7 Review................................ 6
Bibliography .............................. 7

Sorry, I couldn't share the whole standard with you.

As far as I know the publication target day is 1 September 2007.

Thanks Moshe.

BTW, does anyone know if the packaging materials (primary packaging in contact with the food) used, should be also traced ?
According to 22000, IMO only raw materials should be under traceability, although the logic would include the packaging materials as well.

I would expect so Moshe, what do others think?

Simon
Hi Moshe,

Traceability of primary packaging materials is a requirement since 27 Octobre 2006 under EU law. See art. 17 EG 1935/2004.
Primary packaging can be seen as a raw material too for a food producers under ISO 22k.

Remember to share good fortune with your friends, Okido

Hi Moshe,

Traceability of primary packaging materials is a requirement since 27 Octobre 2006 under EU law. See art. 17 EG 1935/2004.
Primary packaging can be seen as a raw material too for a food producers under ISO 22k.

Remember to share good fortune with your friends, Okido

Thanks Okido, a much better response than my 'I expect so'.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Traceability issue with product receiving? 'Topping up' - bulk commodities and traceability Traceability for Packing Materials Bulk raw material receiving and traceability FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance Food Traceability Part 204 BRCGS Finished Goods Traceability Mock Traceability Exercise for Wholesale