What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

ISO 22000 Technical Specification

Started by , Apr 04 2007 09:49 AM
4 Replies
Extracted from the executive summary of the 2006 CIES International Food Safety Conference:

"ISO 22000 does not contain technical specifications like GMPs and PRPs, although ISO is developing a technical specification with basic hygiene elements for PRPs in food"

Thanx in advance!
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
2.3.2.9 Specification FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products
[Ad]
Hi,

I think ISO 22k was not meant to be prescriptive like BRC-Food however it does draw your attention to Codex for guidance on PRP. One may use the BRC as a guide if you wish to. We did that.

Regards
Suzuki

Hi,

I think ISO 22k was not meant to be prescriptive like BRC-Food however it does draw your attention to Codex for guidance on PRP. One may use the BRC as a guide if you wish to. We did that.

Regards
Suzuki

So are you saying ISO are NOT developing a technical specification with basic hygiene elements for PRPs in food.
Should ISO be developing one when it is clearly stated that Codex Alimentarius is used to compliment ISO 22K.
I would be very surprised but have not heard any thing close to it.
Regards
Suzuki

Should ISO be developing one when it is clearly stated that Codex Alimentarius is used to compliment ISO 22K.
I would be very surprised but have not heard any thing close to it.
Regards
Suzuki

No not at all; I was just trying to clarify whether the quote below was right or wrong for Jose. Thanks for your input Suzuki.

Extracted from the executive summary of the 2006 CIES International Food Safety Conference:

"ISO 22000 does not contain technical specifications like GMPs and PRPs, although ISO is developing a technical specification with basic hygiene elements for PRPs in food"

Thanx in advance!

Similar Discussion Topics
2.3.2.9 Specification FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment Is FSSC 22000 (Cat G) certification transferrable if facility moves to a new location after getting initial certification? FSSC publishes Version 6 of the FSSC 22000 scheme What are the quality parameters that need to be included in the product specification sheet? FSSC 22000 - 2.5.10 Transport Storage and Warehousing