What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Significance of Codes

Started by , Jun 09 2007 12:46 PM
4 Replies
Dear all,

In the FSMS audit summary report, two classifications namely EAC code and NACE code( I remember some one in the forum had 'forewarned' about EAC code - about SGS I think - some days back). Looking for details in the net I am getting more confused ... Then they talk about SIC code being replaced by EAC. Can any one throw some light on these and their significance with respect to certification/accreditation?

Best Regards,

A Sankara Narayanan
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to determine the significance of Pesticide Residue? Hazard Significance Risk Matrix The Significance of Food Fraud: A Global Account from an Australian Pe The Significance of Food Fraud Hazard Significance Assessment Matrix
[Ad]
Its about scope registration when certification is recommended by your auditor or granted by your CB

In the FSMS audit summary report, two classifications namely EAC code and NACE code( I remember some one in the forum had 'forewarned' about EAC code - about SGS I think - some days back). Looking for details in the net I am getting more confused ... Then they talk about SIC code being replaced by EAC. Can any one throw some light on these and their significance with respect to certification/accreditation?
Best Regards,

A Sankara Narayanan

Mmm I'll have a go.

EAC is the new coding of European Accreditation of Certification, these codes have been adopted by UKAS. I think EAC means European Activity Code (unsure). I think SIC means Sector Industry Code. I think Certification Bodies are only allowed to carry out audits on companies where they have the relevant industry sector code under their scope of accreditation.

Am I right?

Simon

Mmm I'll have a go.

EAC is the new coding of European Accreditation of Certification, these codes have been adopted by UKAS. I think EAC means European Activity Code (unsure). I think SIC means Sector Industry Code. I think Certification Bodies are only allowed to carry out audits on companies where they have the relevant industry sector code under their scope of accreditation.

Am I right?

Simon

Yes, you are right.

Additionally, Certification Bodies must send out auditors that have proven competency in the particular industry code.

Yes, you are right.

Additionally, Certification Bodies must send out auditors that have proven competency in the particular industry code.

Thank you Gavinova.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
How to determine the significance of Pesticide Residue? Hazard Significance Risk Matrix The Significance of Food Fraud: A Global Account from an Australian Pe The Significance of Food Fraud Hazard Significance Assessment Matrix