• Quick Navigation
Photo

How to determine the significance of Pesticide Residue?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic
- - - - -

cici harahap

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:02 AM

Hi Everyone,

Again , 

I would like to ask about severity hazard of agriculture material.  I have to mention the potential hazard of possibility pesticide residue on it.

i haven't find yet the scientific based that mention pesticide residue may harm to human body or not.

Could you share where i should found about it severity so i can determine the significant hazard on my HACCP Plan.

Thank you  ^^

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,073 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:37 AM

The potential risk of pesticides is potentially a complex question, as they don't all have the same effect at the same dose etc.

I'm most familiar with the EU position where the maximum residue limits are set such that they effectively allow a considerable safety margin assuming reasonable levels of consumption, so exceeding the residue limit would be a "regulatory" hazard in that it renders the food unable to be lawfully sold, but it could still be safe in a purely food-safety sense.

I don't know if something similar exists from the Indonesian authorities, but the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) publishes details of all of their risk assessments. If you do a web search for EFSA and the name of the pesticide that you're interested in (e.g. EFSA cardendazim) then you'll be able to find the relevant assessment documents, all of which are free to access.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users