What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Applicable Legislation

Started by , May 28 2003 09:38 AM
9 Replies
Can anyone confirm whether the following are the latest Food Contact Statutory Instruments applicable in England:

The Materials and Articles in Contact with Food Regulations 1987 - SI No. 1523

The Plastic and Articles in Contact with Food Regulations 2002 - SI No. 3008

The Packaging (Essential Requirements) Regulations 1998 - SI No. 1165

Regards,
Simon
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Applicable FSSC 22000 v5.1 clauses for each department during internal audit Risk Assessment to show Water/Backflow Testing is not applicable Is the scope of ISO 22000 applicable for food packing? Is a rework process applicable for raw shell egg? Do all clauses of ISO 22000:2018 need to be covered where applicable?
[Ad]
Simon

There are a number of ammendment regulations as well. There is quite a bit of information on the Food Standards Agency website at:

http://www.food.gov....contactarticles

This gives details of all the ammendments e.g Plastic Materials and Articles in Contact with Food (Amendment) (England) (No. 2) Regulations 2002 and cross references the various EU directives and statutory instruments.
Hi Ken and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for that. On the Food Standards Agency page I found a link to a really useful website Webpack, which is the European Commission Food Contact Materials Resource Centre. I wasn't aware of this website previously and it provides a lot of useful information including a regularly updated document containing the full reference list of the European and National legislation regarding materials and articles in contact with food.

Simon
Dear Simon,
Delighted about the amount of updated information one can on this web.
Unfortunately the two references you mentioned webpack and reference..., are not functioning . Can you please check ?
Many Tks,
moshes
Hi Moshes

I think it is only temporary, at least I hope it is. Anyway I will check it out and keep an eye on it.

Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,
Simon
Simon,

I think the packaging (essentials etc) has now been updated. When I get back to the office I will check, though monday is and ISO9k audit

Try the HMSO site and use the search engine. You have to wade thriugh all of the legislation but I have just identified a few updates as part of a 14001 compliance audit.

Chris
OK,

The Packaging (Essential Requirements) Regulations 2003 SI 2003 No 1941.

Hope that helps

Chris
Thanks Chris,

I will create a 'sticky' thread e.g. one that stays at the top of the topic area, containing all the current applicable legislation.

By the way the Webpack links are working again:

Webpack

References of the European and National legislations.

Simon

Can anyone confirm whether the following are the latest Food Contact Statutory Instruments applicable in England:

The Materials and Articles in Contact with Food Regulations 1987 - SI No. 1523

The Plastic and Articles in Contact with Food Regulations 2002 - SI No. 3008

The Packaging (Essential Requirements) Regulations 1998 - SI No. 1165

Regards,
Simon

Simon,

We have dealt with the Packaging (Essential Requirements) etc

Not sure if you have had a look yourself but the following is applicable to the others

The Materials and Articles in Contact with Food (Amendment) Regulations 1994 SI 979

The Plastic and Articles in Contact with Food (Amendment) (England) (No2) Regulations 2002 SI 3008

All available for free download from the HMSO website.

Hope that helps.

Chris
Cheers Chris.

Similar Discussion Topics
Applicable FSSC 22000 v5.1 clauses for each department during internal audit Risk Assessment to show Water/Backflow Testing is not applicable Is the scope of ISO 22000 applicable for food packing? Is a rework process applicable for raw shell egg? Do all clauses of ISO 22000:2018 need to be covered where applicable? Is FSMA applicable to the production of enzymes for the food industry? Are control programs set up in allergen management applicable to sensi Applicable regulation for labeling for US Non applicable ISO/TS 22002-1 clauses for water treatment What clauses of ISO 22000 & ISO/TS 22002-1 are applicable to HR?