What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SALSA in UK

Started by , Nov 12 2007 09:38 AM
3 Replies
Good morning world!

I thought I would let you know about a new Food Safety Approval scheme for small local suppliers in UK. It is called SALSA - an acronym for Safe and Local Supplier Approval.

I am a mentor on this scheme. Full details can be seen at www.salsafood.co.uk.

John P
1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Cooking Salsa, Bean, Queso products and chilling under 40F HACCP Cannot get SALSA accreditation because of using co-packer Supplier and Specification Approval for SALSA Cooling Down Salsa After Hot Fill SALSA Agents & Brokers
[Ad]

Good morning world!

I thought I would let you know about a new Food Safety Approval scheme for small local suppliers in UK. It is called SALSA - an acronym for Safe and Local Supplier Approval.

I am a mentor on this scheme. Full details can be seen at www.salsafood.co.uk.

John P

Hi John. Salsa - hmm not very local sounding (couldn't resist). Where did the idea for the scheme come from John and what kind of food businesswould this be applicable to/

Regards,
Simon
Simon,

its a BRC spin off designed for very small business's, essentially its a scaled down BRC for those company's who want to win business by ensuring their quality of product but who don't neccessarily need the level of accreditation that BRC offers. I think there is a link via local authority web sites. (also notable that one of the guys organising it was once a high ranking official within the BRC.)
I have a friend with a very small Turkey cooking plant in Doncaster, only employs six people and I recommended this scheme to him.

Simon,

its a BRC spin off designed for very small business's, essentially its a scaled down BRC for those company's who want to win business by ensuring their quality of product but who don't neccessarily need the level of accreditation that BRC offers. I think there is a link via local authority web sites. (also notable that one of the guys organising it was once a high ranking official within the BRC.)
I have a friend with a very small Turkey cooking plant in Doncaster, only employs six people and I recommended this scheme to him.

Thanks for the 'heads up' Jarve. I guess you're all fixed up for your Christmas Dinner this year.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Cooking Salsa, Bean, Queso products and chilling under 40F HACCP Cannot get SALSA accreditation because of using co-packer Supplier and Specification Approval for SALSA Cooling Down Salsa After Hot Fill SALSA Agents & Brokers Learning to SALSA BRC Start (Intermediate) vs SALSA SALSA Certification for very small unit What category and level of risk would Taco Sauce/Salsa fit into? Process and quality control of glass closures in salsa making