What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Drinking in production area

Started by , Feb 05 2008 07:03 AM
3 Replies
New question. Knowing that, for food production, drinking is not allowed in the production area, except water at the designated area, how is this issue handled in packaging production?
The standard says: Drinking of water from purpose-made dispensers and/or by using disposable conical cups or spill-proof containers, may be allowed provided it is confined to a designated area away from equipment"

You can interpret this in two ways, one being only allowed drinking water at the designated area and the other way that coffee or other beverages are allowed, but only by using conical cups or spill-proof containers.

Since up till now, ppl were allowed to bring their own beverages in the production area, a lot of concern is raised by my supervisor over this one.

So, need a conclusive answer on this one. Only water or onther things to?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Drinking Water in Food Plant in clear bottle poses a safety risk in my facility Drinking Water analysis and tracing HACCP Work Sheet Sample for Drinking Straws Food Safety considerations of PLA Preform and Closures for Bottled Drinking Water Which BRC Accreditation should Drinking Straws come under?
[Ad]
Hi Tom,

Drinking of water can be allowed in designated area’s away from production equipment and products, mark this area with a red line, or make it a blue zone.
You can use purpose made water dispensers or a tap and conical cups.
Other beverages are not allowed.

Have a nice day, Okido
Hi Tom,

I agree with Okido,

During the pre-audit of certification, the listener explained us that the personnel could drink some water (only water) in a designated zone inside the batiment of production. The consumption of food and other drinks (coffee, ...) is made in a separated room.

Aur0re
In production just water, in conical cups, drunk at the water cooler. Nothing else.
1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Drinking Water in Food Plant in clear bottle poses a safety risk in my facility Drinking Water analysis and tracing HACCP Work Sheet Sample for Drinking Straws Food Safety considerations of PLA Preform and Closures for Bottled Drinking Water Which BRC Accreditation should Drinking Straws come under? Treatment for water for drinking, cleaning and used as an ingredient SASO Unbottled Drinking Water Drinking Water Supplier Audit Checklist Is drinking in warehouse allowed if drinks are in a sealed container? Food fraud prevention for drinking water & carbonated soft drinks