What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What is your job title?

Started by , Jan 28 2005 11:32 AM
16 Replies
Dear All,

I run a department called Technical Services so my job title is Technical Services Manager but as part of a larger German company the word "Technical" means "Engineer".

I have been asked to rename my department and am looking for inspiration.

To give you a clue this is the best title I can come up with so far "THE QUALITY, LEGISLATION, AUDITING, FOOD SCIENCE, HYGIENE, PRINTING, TYPING, BOTTOM WIPING, DO ANYTHING NO-ONE ELSE WILL TOUCH DEPARTMENT / MANAGER"

Thanks

p.s Everyone in the factory call us "QA" or the older ones "QC".
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Can't Add Title of Food Defense Team Members in Food Defense Plan Builder 2.0 What is your job title and what are the pros and cons of your job? CFR Title 21 507.28, Human Food By-Products for Animal Feed Explanation of the text of CFR - Title 21 Project Title for Masters
[Ad]

To give you a clue this is the best title I can come up with so far "THE QUALITY, LEGISLATION, AUDITING, FOOD SCIENCE, HYGIENE, PRINTING, TYPING, BOTTOM WIPING, DO ANYTHING NO-ONE ELSE WILL TOUCH DEPARTMENT / MANAGER"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds familiar - for starters how about the Process Support Department and you could be the Process Support Manager; with these things it's advisable to check the acronym is OK first, and it is. Maybe if we get enough suggestions we could run a poll to decide.

Congratulations on your promotion to Intermediate.

Regards,
Simon

I have been asked to rename my department and am looking for inspiration.
p.s Everyone in the factory call us "QA" or the older ones "QC".

What about "Head of babysitting Dept."?

"Head of babysitting Dept."?

It's a good one- but I don't think I could put that forward to my boss
Lifejacket
Good one - but I prefer babysitting.

Seriously, I would like some suggestions. As Simon says if we get enough suggestions we can go for a poll and I will go to my boss with the winning suggestion.

Lifejacket

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that you Puzzle?

Is anyone going to help Yorky out?

Regards,
Simon
We had a big problem with an ex Technical manager, so his job was split into two:

Technical Manager - deals with Technical / Laboratory Issues
Systems & Audit Manager (Me) - Deals with anything to do with Systems, including Quality, and Audits. Also includes working on Environmental and Health & safety along with the Technical Manager. But your job description is pretty much the same as mine.

Hope this helps

Nadine
Nadine,

I also deal with all technical and lab work but Systems & Audit Manager is getting better.

Looking through the jobs in Food Manufacture (research purposes only) I have also noted "Quality Support".
How about "Quality Manager"?
I think that with the title of "Quality Manager" there is the tendency for people to think that you are solely responsible for Quality.

I think that with the title of "Quality Manager" there is the tendency for people to think that you are solely responsible for Quality.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes mate, I'm afraid you're right.
You might also be the only responsible for quality
Never easy to come up with a title that covers a multi function department, which is what the old 'QA' department is becoming. Try Quality Systems Manager or maybe add Hygiene into the title.

I'll be interested to see the outcome of any poll - might use it for myself
So far we've got:

Process Support Department / Manager
Quality Systems Department / Manager
Systems & Audit Department / Manager
Quality Department / Manager

Add to it:

Risk Management Department / Manager

Anyone else got ideas?

Regards,
Simon
How about Quality & Hygiene Controller
Thanks John but.......

Am I really the person that controls the quality and hygiene?
I don't make anything and I don't clean anything.
How about replacing controller with co-ordinator?

Similar Discussion Topics
Can't Add Title of Food Defense Team Members in Food Defense Plan Builder 2.0 What is your job title and what are the pros and cons of your job? CFR Title 21 507.28, Human Food By-Products for Animal Feed Explanation of the text of CFR - Title 21 Project Title for Masters Do we need a title 21, if we are a soda company? Quality Documents Title Assistance in research title regarding food safety Title of this forum CFR - Code of Federal Regulations Title 21