What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Bisphenol A (BPA) and food packaging

Started by , May 09 2008 07:16 AM
4 Replies
There is growing interest regarding the industrial chemical Bisphenol A (BPA) that is used as a starting material for the production of polycarbonate plastics and synthetic resins. BPA is found in items or containers that come into contact with foodstuffs such as drinking vessels, baby bottles, plastic tableware and the internal coating on tins for tinned foods.

I have provided a link to an information sheet which sits on the FSANZ website outlining details about Bisphenol A:

Bisphenol A (BPA) and food packaging

Anyone getting asked questions by customers on this issue?

Regards,
Simon
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Relying on declaration from supplier that material is Bisphenol A free Do you have recent regulations or articles regarding Bisphenol S? Bisphenol A limit Bisphenol A in Packaging Materials
[Ad]
No, no questions as yet...thank you for the link.. I am subscribed to FSANZ but somehow missed this release - in my own backyard! Yet another instance where I've been glad to be a member of IFSQN.

No, no questions as yet...thank you for the link.. I am subscribed to FSANZ but somehow missed this release - in my own backyard! Yet another instance where I've been glad to be a member of IFSQN.

Does anybody know where this scare or heightened interest in Bisphenol A originated?

Does anybody know where this scare or heightened interest in Bisphenol A originated?

No..but I know that family and friends started asking me about the risks of chemical contamination from water bottles and takeaway containers about a year back.. they had been forwarded emails (similar to those that circulate about aspartame) talking up the risks of plasticisers (or something, I can't recall) in those products.

No..but I know that family and friends started asking me about the risks of chemical contamination from water bottles and takeaway containers about a year back.. they had been forwarded emails (similar to those that circulate about aspartame) talking up the risks of plasticisers (or something, I can't recall) in those products.

If in doubt Wikipedia

Similar Discussion Topics
Relying on declaration from supplier that material is Bisphenol A free Do you have recent regulations or articles regarding Bisphenol S? Bisphenol A limit Bisphenol A in Packaging Materials