6 Replies
Another useful guide from the DTI.

Product_Recall_Guide.pdf   1.16MB   937 downloads

Regards,
Simon
2 Thanks
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to make a traceability presentation for household manufactured items traded to end consumer? BRC Packaging or Consumer Product Straw Manufacturing Consumer Q&A and when to stop responding Post consumer products LDPE Would a consumer sensory testing lab be inspected by the local health department?
[Ad]

Another useful guide from the DTI.

Product_Recall_Guide.pdf   1.16MB   937 downloads

Regards,
Simon

Very interesting...

Valuable information and thanks for increasing my knowledge on product recall.

Please keep on exchange,
Abdul Qudoos.
thank you for great information...................

ahmed yossri
egypt
wonderful and powerful document. thanks simon
We have to test out a product recall every year for our BRC certification. It seems just a paperwork exercise! Does anyone carry out this and if so do they have any useful forms etc used?
Dear Rosemary,

Don't know what yr exact process is but IMEX for food BRC, this is a "critical" requirement, not only for BRC but also for most other species of auditing teams. Yes, it is intended to be a paperwork exercise but the complexity may depend on yr chain of supply, eg some export companies involve their external receivers as would be required in the real thing.

I hope you hv already established a proper traceability procedure.

I think there are procedures here somewhere if you search "mock recall".

Rgds / Charles.C

We have to test out a product recall every year for our BRC certification. It seems just a paperwork exercise! Does anyone carry out this and if so do they have any useful forms etc used?

I agree with Charles it is important to do a mock recall just like fire drills they find the weak spots when it does not matter. It also refreshes the recall team of the process. You can keep it simple and still achieve the goal, but I woiuld make it real with cross-functional involvement rather than a desk excersise.

Here is some useful guidance and templates:

Product Recall Guidance and Document Templates

Regards,
Simon
1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
How to make a traceability presentation for household manufactured items traded to end consumer? BRC Packaging or Consumer Product Straw Manufacturing Consumer Q&A and when to stop responding Post consumer products LDPE Would a consumer sensory testing lab be inspected by the local health department? How to maintain traceability with direct to consumer sales? FDA Contacted me after a Consumer Complaint What is Foreseeable Misuse by the Consumer? Post consumer products Consumer Complaint Reporting Software