What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Jewellery Policy

Started by , Apr 28 2005 10:19 AM
6 Replies
Hello everyone.

I have just given a presentation to all staff at my company regarding what the BRC/IOP standard is all about and how it will affect them. We are looking to gain Cat A certification and a couple of queries were raised which I hope someone can help me with.

1 A small minority of our production staff have wedding bands which contain a stone. They are adamant they will not remove a wedding ring. Could a blue metal detectable plaster be placed around the ring to contain the risk of contamination? Or as it is only a small number of rings could they be controlled in some way?

2 With eyebrow hoops, would it be acceptable to cover it with a blue metal detectable plaster?

Anyones comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Louise
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 11.3.3.8 - Jewellery Policy regarding plain bands Covering of jewellery Dress Code Policy - Jewellery Policy Jewellery Policy 6.2.1 - how are you dealing with no piercings on exposed parts of the body? Need help with wording of piercings in a Jewellery Policy
[Ad]
As we only just discussed this on the telephone you know I don't know for sure, but I think I know a man who does. Hopefully I will be able to post a definitive answer soon.

My guess is that a stoned ring is not acceptable but when covered with a blue plaster it is, this would have to be controlled - we'll see.

Regards,
Simon

Hello everyone.

I have just given a presentation to all staff at my company regarding what the BRC/IOP standard is all about and how it will affect them.  We are looking to gain Cat A certification and a couple of queries were raised which I hope someone can help me with.  

1 A small minority of our production staff have wedding bands which contain a stone.  They are adamant they will not remove a wedding ring.  Could a blue metal detectable plaster be placed around the ring to contain the risk of contamination?  Or as it is only a small number of rings could they be controlled in some way?

2 With eyebrow hoops, would it be acceptable to cover it with a blue metal detectable plaster?
Anyones comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Louise  

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Louise and all
1. The standard is equally adamant. In Packaging - no stones, in Food only plain wedding ring or wrist band. Unless there are religious, medical or ethical reasons but even then the jewellery must be one-piece which eliminates the stone.
Putting a blue plaster on doubles the risk of contamination of product if the plaster falls off.
If it is NOT POSSIBLE to remove the ring because of swollen fingers or arthritis I might consider a request to wear suitable gloves.
2. Eyebrow hoops are not permitted.
All my clients find it possible to persuade their employees not to wear stoned rings.
If I audit certain companies who have very strict safety policies I am required to take off my wedding ring as well as the tie I must wear as a properly dressed evaluator.
Sorry Louise
Brian Fowler

Ps dare I suggest that the spouse of your employee buy a plain ring next time. Just joking
There you go Louise the definitive answer straight from the horses' mouth.

Thanks Brian,

Simon
Thanks Brian & Simon

You have both been a great help in clearing up this query.

Now I can go and deliver the verdict to the masses!

Thanks

Louise
If it wasn't for the people it'd be all so easy, but perhaps a little boring.

Let us know how you get on Louise.

Regards,
Simon
I just posted a paragraph about germs and now you tell me I can't wear my watch or rings. Aw come on you got to be kidding me.

Pacman

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 11.3.3.8 - Jewellery Policy regarding plain bands Covering of jewellery Dress Code Policy - Jewellery Policy Jewellery Policy 6.2.1 - how are you dealing with no piercings on exposed parts of the body? Need help with wording of piercings in a Jewellery Policy Jewellery exemptions for amenities cleaner Is it better to bunch all knives, pen, stationery, jewellery policies? What jewellery would be considered medical? Jewellery policy Jewellery - Ideas for controlling the wearing of wristwatches