What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Liquid milk - milk compositions

Started by , Jan 09 2009 08:04 PM
2 Replies
Hi everybody:
I have aquick question,might be strange.Any way,does any one has back scientific regarding an element in liquid milk composition can induce drowsing ?

what are your thoughts?

Best Regards
monzer
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Lids on Liquid Products Food Safety Risk Concern of Pasteurized Liquid Egg Food Defense for bulk liquid fructose transfer stations The Iron Egg- kitchen utensil to add iron to food or liquid Does anybody know the specs for microbiology results on raw material liquid sucrose?
[Ad]
Hi monzer,

I think you refer to the essential amino acid Tryptophan? It can be found in many other foods too. http://en.wikipedia....Dietary_sources

One urban legend is that, too much turkey makes you drowsy, which is not true, as it requires an empty stomach for best results and the amount of Tryptophan in Turkey is not alot. The drowsiness is most probably due to high carbohydrate consumption.

http://recipes.howst...question519.htm

Hi everybody:
I have aquick question,might be strange.Any way,does any one has back scientific regarding an element in liquid milk composition can induce drowsing ?

what are your thoughts?

Best Regards
monzer

I know this is an old post but I thought it best to correct the reply that you received. This milk was marketed as "Night Time Milk". The milk contains higher levels of melatonin because it comes from dairy herds that provide milk with higher than usual levels of the substance at the morning milking.

Regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
Lids on Liquid Products Food Safety Risk Concern of Pasteurized Liquid Egg Food Defense for bulk liquid fructose transfer stations The Iron Egg- kitchen utensil to add iron to food or liquid Does anybody know the specs for microbiology results on raw material liquid sucrose? Ammonia, steam and liquid nitrogen as hazards SQF 11.9.1 Dry and Liquid Disposal SQF 12.8.1 - SOP for dry and liquid waste disposal How to microencapsulate a concentrated liquid product using starch? Is there any effect on food safety if we take eggs from different farms to produce pasteurized liquid eggs?