What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

ISO 22000 - communication requirements

Started by , Jul 28 2005 05:53 AM
2 Replies
Hi,
Was wondering how much of a issue the entire "communication req" is going to be.
I dont know @ out there but here in India, esp at the primary production phase it will be a major issue.
I'm very worried that this will lead to further red tape to please the 3rd party auditors!!
I'm hoping the 22k does'nt go the 9k way!!!
Cheers
Sameer
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Frozen meals - cooling requirements Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor?
[Ad]

Hi,
Was wondering how much of a issue the entire "communication req" is going to be.
I dont know @ out there but here in India, esp at the primary production phase it will be a major issue.
I'm very worried that this will lead to further red tape to please the 3rd party auditors!!
I'm hoping the 22k does'nt go the 9k way!!!
Cheers
Sameer

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sameer,

from my piont of view as a third party auditor this is what we will be asking:

5.6.1 External Communication
1 How is sufficient information provided to all involved in the food chain
2 How is it determined which external bodies to communicate with
3 who is/are the designated responsible person(s) for external communications
4 Are records of external communications maintained (record samples seen)
5 how are statuatory, regulatory and customer food sfety requirements communicated (record samples seen)
5.6.2 Internal Communication
1 What are the internal communication processes
2 How are the food safety team updated as required of items a-m of the standard
3 Are communications understood at all levels of the company (record the names and positions of the persons interviewed).

This is direct from that standard but the key is your determine what the significant issues are to be communicated, if you determine everything is significant then you will have a massive amount of paperwork to deal with. This means the hazard analysis needs to have been effective and you can justify the ranking of hazards

James Gibb My Webpage
1 Thank

James if you go to:

MY CONTROLS (top right of board) > PERSONAL PROFILE (1/2 way down on left side) > EDIT SIGNATURE

You can create a signature that will automatically appear at the bottom of every post you make.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Frozen meals - cooling requirements Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Innovative and effective communication to inform employees about food safety Requirements for Work In Process WIP Requirements for packaging Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000